Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Darn! Darn! Darn!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Darn! Darn! Darn!

Hey everyone!! Two of my cc's had a birthday today and I was so excited...Smiley Very Happy I was thinking I would finally get to 760 on at least two reports and close on the other...well darn..I only checked TU and I "only" gained 6 points. 749 to 755. I decided to wait on Scorewatch for EQ  which is at 745. I will wait till about the 15th for EX (712)  since four inquiries will age to a year then also and I am too cheap to pay for two reports. If I have to have an obsession, I'm glad it's a productive one.

This is important to me because when I arrived here in May of 2007, all my scores were in the low 600's and I HAD NO CLUE about credit or scoring and I ain't no youngin. In the last year, I have gained so much info due to this forum.  Thanks to all...but especially to Brammy (who is missing) and TNWM...

Message Edited by ObsessedwithmyFico on 07-01-2008 01:32 PM
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Darn! Darn! Darn!

Wow that is awesome progress.

How many inquiries did you have on TU? If you had several when you applied for credit that may explain why you only gained 6 points - your inquiry may not have dinged you too much in the first place.

Also, if you have any other new accounts that may be holding up your "new credit" category from hitting the max and pushing you up to 760.

Goodluck. You have great scores and you will clearly get there fairly soon!
Message 2 of 8
GFer
Valued Contributor

Wow! I can only dream of my scores being that high!
Yours are awesome!!!

EQ 817, EX 815, TU 813 (Updated 1/5/18: TU 843

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 8
wahmom
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations! I'm working very hard to get there on day.....
Message 4 of 8
islandchild82
Frequent Contributor

Wow, you have made GREAT progress!

I'll be crossing my fingers that your others make it to 760. And even if they don't, you will be there shortly!
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

No inquiries on TU..1 on EQ. 6 on EX of which four should fall off by the 5th of Aug.
Message 6 of 8
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Bah! All I want for Christmas this year is 700s across the board. I am completely envious over your 760 scores.

Congrats!
Here we go again...
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not quite there yet Fretless...but I'm trying...Smiley Very Happy
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.