Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dcu credit card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dcu credit card?

So I recently applied for an auto loan with dcu 2 days ago.. I got approved for 40k and at 5.5%. I had asked for 40k in the application is it possible to ask for a little bit more or is 40k the max they offer? Also they didn't say anything about a credit card over the phone I guess since I had just called to ask when I could start looking for a car and nothing else. Is it too late to ask for the credit card or if I had qualified would they have brought it up?
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Dcu credit card?

@Anonymous wrote:
So I recently applied for an auto loan with dcu 2 days ago.. I got approved for 40k and at 5.5%. I had asked for 40k in the application is it possible to ask for a little bit more or is 40k the max they offer? Also they didn't say anything about a credit card over the phone I guess since I had just called to ask when I could start looking for a car and nothing else. Is it too late to ask for the credit card or if I had qualified would they have brought it up?

I can't remember the timeframe for DCU specifically, but I'm sure they'll use the same pull from the auto for 30/60/90 days (can't remember which). DH has his truck financed with them and we're happy. I opened a savings and MAY have had a couple hundred dollars in it (may not) before the truck loan and after a month or so I think they offered me a $10k CC. Medium-to-medium-high as far as my limits were at the time. 

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

You have 45 days from the day they HP'd you to apply for other products.
Message 3 of 7
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Given the rate you were offered on you auto loan through DCU, I don't know that they'd approve you at this point for a low APR Visa. If I were you I'd write or call them and ask if its in the cards right now, it it was me I'd wait 6 months and show on time payments then ask for other credit products. 5% seems very high for DCU's auto loan products....

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!! What were your scores for 40k approval? That's the amount i'm looking for too from DCU, just have one small phone bill collectiion of $1028.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

If posters have questions about DCU auto loans, please ask them in the auto loan forum.  Thank you.

Message 6 of 7
iced
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

They do offer more than 40k on an auto loan, though it may depend on your profile. In my loan suite, they're showing 50k for auto loan. If you've already taken a HP for the auto loan, it can't hurt to ask for more - it's not like they'll revoke their 40k offer just because you asked for 42k. If you haven't finalized the loan (that is, taken a check from them), check your loan suite and see if they're offering more than 40k.

As for credit card, if it's being offered in your loan suite as an "Accept" offer, you can take the limit they show right then and there with no HP.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.