Did you mean: 

Dcu visa

tag
kugel
Valued Contributor

Dcu visa

Now my equifax stands on 637 fico I believe till 6 months I will hit 700
I am thinking to apply than for the dcu visa never had a cu
Do I have a chance ? how does it work wen u apply they check the check-system how do I get the report of it ?
What should I join to get in with them
Should i join now or only at the time I wanna apply for the card ? Tia
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Re: Dcu visa

A year or so ago I tried apping for the DCU VISA b/c the low APR looked interesting, but alas, I was declined.  I was however recently approved for the Western/Unify FCU Fixed-Rate VISA, which has rates advertised as low as 8.99% F.  They also have a Variable-Rate VISA as low as 5.24% V, so if you app for the DCU VISA but can't get approved like me for whatever reason, you may possibly also want to consider Western/Unify FCU.

Message 2 of 17
kugel
Valued Contributor

What was the reason they declined u ?
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

My EQ credit score was exactly 635 and DCU approved me for their visa platinum card with a $2,000 limit. Keep in mind, they will verify your income by asking you to upload a paycheck stub or W2.

Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

DCU will pull your EQ credit report. If approved, they require you to donate $10 to charity and they require you to put $5  into a savings account. It's well worth the $15 dollars. You pay no fees for cash advances or balance transfers. 

Message 5 of 17
kugel
Valued Contributor

so baisclly I don't need to be a member of a group to join
in order to join the charity thing ?
what charity name is it ?
do they require checking and savings or they are ok with just savings?

did they pull HP For the saivings ?
how many pulls did it take to get the card?
Message 6 of 17
galahad15
Valued Contributor

@kugel wrote:
What was the reason they declined u ?

Tbh, I don't really remember the exact reason for the decline -- I did ultimately end up creating a checking and savings account with them, but I haven't made use of the accounts since they were first opened, since my primary objective was to try to obtain their credit card.  If I am recalling right, I think my FICO scores were in the upper-600's and/or close to 700, so not sure why they declined.  I do have ~34% total revolving utilization, I'm guessing maybe that could have been one possible reason perhaps?

Message 7 of 17
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

I use DCU for personal banking, don't have their CC yet!
To do anything with DCU you must become a member, its $5 to open an account and they do HP when you do. I believe they do another HP for CC if you go for it, they never forced me to donate to any charity!

Talking to their customer service they like to see 650 EQ score for Visa and over 700 for visa reward card!
However I had few people get Visa CC with no score at all as new to credit.

Message 8 of 17
kugel
Valued Contributor

If I have a old satisfied judgment from 2009 will this work ?
Message 9 of 17
kugel
Valued Contributor

?
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.