cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dear Barfclays oh why oh why did you close my account.

tag
Booboo71
Established Contributor

Re: Dear Barfclays oh why oh why did you close my account.

Ithank you everyone for the great feedback! I hope this thread helps someone who maybe considering app'ing for the xmas season and have just opened a barclay card. I've learned my lesson. No app'ing for a long time.

Message 61 of 112
AAstra
Regular Contributor

@Booboo71 wrote:

After a solid whole 3 months with my Barclays apple Visa card , I find out online that they closed it!  Never late and made large payments for 3 months. When I called they told me it was because of the inquires and open accounts I have established after opening with them.. Had I known that I would have not app'd. I am also new to the board and this is my 1st post. I'm rebuilding my credit after being foolish in the past. Any thoughts or insights, please.Smiley Happy

Barclay's definitely got spooked by the fact that you transferred a decent limit to their card and then 3 months later opened 12 new accounts. They definitely saw a negative pattern in the fact that you had a balance on other card(s), placed them on a Barclay's card (a liability to them now) and then went ahead and opened 12 new accounts. For all they know you might go and put balances on those cards as well. Just appeared as a risk to them.

FICO - TU: 815 | EQ: 793 | EX: 813

Sears MasterCard: $13k (1/2013)
Capital One Venture One Visa Signature: $10k (7/2015)
Amex BCE: $9.8k (3/2014)
Amex Corporate: NPSL
Chase Freedom Visa Signature: $9.5k (3/2014)
Discover it: $9.5k (3/2014)
Barclaycard Visa with Apple Rewards: $2.65k (6/2013)
Message 62 of 112
Booboo71
Established Contributor

But I didn't .. It's my lesson I learned. 

Message 63 of 112
Booboo71
Established Contributor

We'll I just checked my fico score on here and  my fico went from 641 to 627 as of today. Barclays shows a balance of 1369 and I made my payment for 469 which posted last week.  My true balance is 900. I'm really confused now. I have struggled to get this score from being at 524 last year in November to now at 641. Very depressing.

Message 64 of 112
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Booboo71 wrote:

We'll I just checked my fico score on here and  my fico went from 641 to 627 as of today. Barclays shows a balance of 1369 and I made my payment for 469 which posted last week.  My true balance is 900. I'm really confused now. I have struggled to get this score from being at 524 last year in November to now at 641. Very depressing.

Could be wrong but sounds like you made the payment after the statement cut.

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 65 of 112
coterotie
Established Contributor

You have to wait for the statement cycle to close for it to show up.  Be glad your score only declined 20+ points.  My last app spree cost me 60.

Barclays is also very sensitive to cash advances which is technicially what a balance transfer is.  So you double spooked them.

@Booboo71 wrote:

Message 66 of 112
ccuser
Valued Member

Are any other lenders this paranoid aboth the new enqieries?

AMEX BCP 25k | Discover It 17.6k | NIHFCU/Elan Bonus Rewards 9.8k | Citi ThankYou Preferred 9.4k (AU) | Barclaycard Arrival+ 8.5k | Citi Simplicity 8.5k | Andrews FCU GlobeTrek 7.5k | Sears MC 6.5k | Old Navy Visa 6k | Target 2.4k | Macy's 1.8k

EX FICO: 800 | TU FICO: 808 | EQ FICO: 815
Message 67 of 112
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@ccuser wrote:

Are any other lenders this paranoid aboth the new enqieries?

Again, let me emphasize they are not being paranoid.  Twelve in 3 months will spook any lender

Message 68 of 112
ccuser
Valued Member

@09Lexie wrote:
Again, let me emphasize they are not being paranoid.  Twelve in 3 months will spook any lender

OK, let's say they are sensitive. Just wanted to know who else is.

AMEX BCP 25k | Discover It 17.6k | NIHFCU/Elan Bonus Rewards 9.8k | Citi ThankYou Preferred 9.4k (AU) | Barclaycard Arrival+ 8.5k | Citi Simplicity 8.5k | Andrews FCU GlobeTrek 7.5k | Sears MC 6.5k | Old Navy Visa 6k | Target 2.4k | Macy's 1.8k

EX FICO: 800 | TU FICO: 808 | EQ FICO: 815
Message 69 of 112
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@Booboo71 wrote:

After a solid whole 3 months with my Barclays apple Visa card , I find out online that they closed it!  Never late and made large payments for 3 months. When I called they told me it was because of the inquires and open accounts I have established after opening with them.. Had I known that I would have not app'd. I am also new to the board and this is my 1st post. I'm rebuilding my credit after being foolish in the past. Any thoughts or insights, please.Smiley Happy

After reading too many of these Barclays horror stories, I will NEVER app for ANY of their cards. There are so many choices out there...who needs them?

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 70 of 112
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.