cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dear Barfclays oh why oh why did you close my account.

tag
chwebb1
Established Contributor

Re: Dear Barfclays oh why oh why did you close my account.

This thread has me paranoid at the moment. I opened 3 accounts after I opened my Barclaycard (and I've closed two). My available credit has gone up by quite a bit, too. I only let 2% UTIL report, though. So hopefully they won't nuke my account. My 6th statement is coming up in 5 days. I haven't opened any new accounts in the last two months, though, and they haven't nuked it yet. This thread makes me want to garden forever.

photo NUS000000180_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo DISCOVER_IT_LG.gif photo card_1.png photo night-launch.png photo NUS000000012_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo bankamericard-better-balance-rewards-credit-card-small.png
$15000 ........... $12500 ............ $11750 ............ $10000 ........... $9400 ............ $5000 ............. $5000
In the Garden until at least November 2015
Message 71 of 112
myjourney
Super Contributor

@ccuser wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:
Again, let me emphasize they are not being paranoid.  Twelve in 3 months will spook any lender

OK, let's say they are sensitive. Just wanted to know who else is.

12 new accounts in 3 months all lenders are sensitive too.....(ALL)

Think about it this way 1 app per week....

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 72 of 112
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@Booboo71 wrote:

I took advantage of the balance offer with 15 months 0%at the end of October. I had a 1700 credit line and used 1350 for the balance transfer. I just made a 469.00 payment that posted and they closed it the next day. Inquires?? I'm embarrassed to say 12 since opening with them and getting some new cards afterwards.

We don't see as many closings as we use to earlier in the year

Honestly sorry it happened to you but 12 new accounts after a barclay approval 3 months ago with a lender know to be INQ sensitive was pushing it

I agree...to a degree. I agree with a lender being inquiry sensitive BEFORE apping with them, but after you have been approved, only your performance with their card should be a factor. Just my opinion...personally I never want to deal with as lender like Barclays.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 73 of 112
eddie84
Valued Contributor

@chwebb1 wrote:

This thread has me paranoid at the moment. I opened 3 accounts after I opened my Barclaycard (and I've closed two).

Haha same here but it is what it is and there's nothing we can do about it now.  I've also opened quite a few new accounts after I got the Arrival card and just got a CLI from Barclay a couple of days ago.  All is calm at the moment!    *knock on wood*

Smiley Very Happy

Message 74 of 112
Booboo71
Established Contributor

Then they shouldn't offer it 

Message 75 of 112
Booboo71
Established Contributor

Also my payment was posted before the due date.

Message 76 of 112
myjourney
Super Contributor

Paranoid is not the issue here any and all lenders will react to this type of credit usage 

Almost all cases of Barclay closing or CLD's when you peel back the layers you find something that would scare any lender and sad to say but in this case and sorry OP I mean no harm but just stating facts... He/She may see other lenders follow....So are they paranoid too?

I have Barclay @ 5 1/4 months I did a spree 4 for 4 

One week later Barclay gave me an auto CLI 3X

5 1/4 months later and not a peep out of them ....none....nada....zip...

I'm actually looking for another auto CLI about now.

Barclay gets a bad rap for people doing things and sending the message of being credit hungry or in old lenders terms in financial trouble and using CC's to survive which isn't always the case but this term has been around since CC's began and has always been a NO-NO

IMHO

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 77 of 112
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@indiolatino61 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@Booboo71 wrote:

I took advantage of the balance offer with 15 months 0%at the end of October. I had a 1700 credit line and used 1350 for the balance transfer. I just made a 469.00 payment that posted and they closed it the next day. Inquires?? I'm embarrassed to say 12 since opening with them and getting some new cards afterwards.

We don't see as many closings as we use to earlier in the year

Honestly sorry it happened to you but 12 new accounts after a barclay approval 3 months ago with a lender know to be INQ sensitive was pushing it

I agree...to a degree. I agree with a lender being inquiry sensitive BEFORE apping with them, but after you have been approved, only your performance with their card should be a factor. Just my opinion...personally I never want to deal with as lender like Barclays.

Trust me when I say Amex and Chase are watching your CR's closely. barclays is not the lender that does AA/CLDs.  A few months ago, GE was taking it to people for asking for CLI's on their own cc's. 

Considering the facts as stated, i am not surprised they took the step they did-although unfortunate too much too fast on what sounds like a credit profile that is in the rebuilding stage is just plain risky. 

Message 78 of 112
Booboo71
Established Contributor

When I originally posted this post today I was merely stating that buy them closing me like this for no reason in hurting them it doesn't make sense... The other cards see no issue with giving me credit along with having credit with them... Again my cc did not close me or decrease me because I was approved for their card. Just trying to build a relationship with them.

Message 79 of 112
Fico2Go
Established Contributor

Myjourney.. tomorrow is your big day.  Farming season over.  Plz let us know if you decided to increase # of cards or LCI?  And how many bullets ( INQ ) you took.  

Thx 

Discover IT $19,000 == 12/2013
AMEX 12/2013 ---BCP $12,000 === BC $23,000 ----- 04/2014
CHASE SLATE $5,700 === 12/2013
BoA 123 $6000 === 12/2013
Barclay Rewards $1500 == 12/2013
Message 80 of 112
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.