cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dear Barfclays oh why oh why did you close my account.

tag
Booboo71
Established Contributor

Re: Dear Barfclays oh why oh why did you close my account.

It's closed my account! I asked them after begging them to reopen it what about my balance? They told me I can still make payments on it. My website has limited usage for the card do to it being closed but can still make payments if that makes any sense?

Message 21 of 112
Booboo71
Established Contributor

When I did this balance transfer in October I have 15 months 0% on it.

Message 22 of 112
Booboo71
Established Contributor

That's just great at xmas. I had plan to pay it off in 3 months not in 2.. I appreciate the feedback from everyone. Thanks for clearing up some unknown questions for me.

Message 23 of 112
parkman
Regular Contributor

Now you've got me paranoid, and I've only applied to two cards since getting my Barclay! And I know for a fact that one of them only pulled Experian! Hopefully the other pulled Experian as well, although they could have pulled TU...Smiley Sad
All I have for this forum is bubblegum and anecdotal evidence, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
Message 24 of 112
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

@parkman wrote:
Now you've got me paranoid, and I've only applied to two cards since getting my Barclay! And I know for a fact that one of them only pulled Experian! Hopefully the other pulled Experian as well, although they could have pulled TU...Smiley Sad

While Barclay may not see the inquiry, they will definately see the new account once it starts to report.  So whether the new cards pull EX for app really doesnt matter.  I got my Arrival card in March knowing full well their reputation.  I have not apped for a single credit product since then.  I'll probably app for 2 in Jan (True Earnings and Citi Hilton).  After that the only card left on my wish list is CSP.  I'll pull the trigger on that after March next year.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 25 of 112
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Barclay's is so stupid. I wouldn't have them b/c as long as I'm paying my bills when I'm suppose to, I should be able to apply for as much credit as I fell I can HANDLE without having someone looking over my shoulder.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 26 of 112
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@parkman wrote:

There's no need to be paranoid.  Not knowing the ops credit profile, I see 12 new TLs in 3 months on a rebuilding profile.  Barclays has had a reputation of AAs-but tbh most are caused by the cardholder.  Changes in spending patterns, app sprees on marginal files or high util just to name a few.  

Barckays, like Chase, Amex etc sp your CR's ESP in the early stages of approval- not tocking the boat with any lender is always wise. 

Message 27 of 112
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

Barclay's is so stupid. I wouldn't have them b/c as long as I'm paying my bills when I'm suppose to, I should be able to apply for as much credit as I fell I can HANDLE without having someone looking over my shoulder.

It is a business decision and what you feel you can handle will not factor into a financial institution's decision to grant credit or continue granting credit. 

Message 28 of 112
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

Barclay is a bank and has obligations to its share holders to protect its assets.  Whether you feel you can "handle" more debt isn't what matters to them.  They have a fiduciary duty to determine whether your outstanding credit obligations and credit seeking behavior present a risk to them.  This has nothing to do with whether or not you pay on time but whether your profile presents an unacceptable risk to them.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 29 of 112
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

I should have clarified. As much as I feel I can handle within reason.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 30 of 112
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.