cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dear Discover.... Why won't you update .....

tag
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Dear Discover.... Why won't you update .....

My discover card hasn't updated my account balance or credit limit since December 2011 Smiley Sad  

They won't report my 0 balance, and they haven't reported my new CL...    anyone else having this issue?  I'm thinking of doing a dispute on the balance through Scoretracker on Discover.com

Oh Discover, why do you do this!! I want my 0% utilization!

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
lithium78
Established Contributor

Re: Dear Discover.... Why won't you update .....

They've done the same thing to me.  I don't know why it is such a problem for them.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 14
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Have you tried calling them?  I don't think a dispute via one of the bureaus won't accomplish much as Discover isn't legally mandated to report at all; however, I'd at least call and ask: there may be something well known going on or they may have something subtle affecting only a small number of accounts and may want to hear that you're having an issue that they can forward through their support infrastructure.

        
Message 3 of 14
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

They don't have a way to manually send in a CRA update, I talked to them in December about this as I needed my most current balance reflected for mortgage application processing purposes. The last time my account balance was updated with them was through a rapid rescore which the mortgage company did. The last time I disputed the balance it took only 5 days for them to answer the dispute, this was in sept before I applied for the mortgage.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 4 of 14
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@webhopper wrote:
They don't have a way to manually send in a CRA update, I talked to them in December about this as I needed my most current balance reflected for mortgage application processing purposes. The last time my account balance was updated with them was through a rapid rescore which the mortgage company did. The last time I disputed the balance it took only 5 days for them to answer the dispute, this was in sept before I applied for the mortgage.

Ah yeah, I suppose an incorrect balance would indeed be a disputable issue with the CRA's.  Since this has happened multiple times to your account specifically, actually when did it last automatically update since it sounds like your Dec update was manual as well?

I don't think this is happening to everyone otherwise there would've been a lot more posts on this forum and elsewhere.  I'd call them, not asking to update the balance, but suggesting their may be something wrong with their systems or with your account.  I don't know Discover at all, but every other place I've worked at that processes loans of any type, has wanted to hear about this sort of thing from customers and will look into it if it's reported, unfortunately it might take a bit to get a ticket into their internal service desk.  If most other people are being reported correctly, then it's a needle-in-the-haystack scenario, unless you tell them, they'll likely have no way of knowing otherwise.

        
Message 5 of 14
Open123
Super Contributor

I had the same issue with CapOne.  Whenever I have a 0 balance, they just don't report anything except for "ND."

Message 6 of 14
frogfan12
Established Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

I had the same issue with CapOne.  Whenever I have a 0 balance, they just don't report anything except for "ND."

ND?

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 716 Equifax 754 TU 736 Experian
Goal Score: 760
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm still tring to get them to report ugh every other card I have has reported :/

Message 8 of 14
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

I'm having the same issue with not only discover, but also with Chase and Amex...I will check again after all my statements close and call if no change.

TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCE $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $5K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Citi Diamond Pref $7.6K | Discover IT $9.9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU CashRew Visa Sig $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $11.3K | USAA World MC $11.5K
Message 9 of 14
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Call regular customer service and ask for an "off-cycle update" and they can do it. They can manually update the CRA this way. Just ask for it by name.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.