cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dear Ol' Synchrony, why you do me wrong... AA!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Dear Ol' Synchrony, why you do me wrong... AA!!

@UncleB wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

It's his decision to make of course but if i was to make a wager i would say (according to his first post) that he would as soon jettison it now and chalk it up to "unintended consequences" (per whatever reason codes come in the mail) rather then try to battle over this particular card later in an attempt to rescue/restore it back again to it's previous $2.5K.

+1

I would just add that Synchrony cards can rebound very quickly. 

My Lowe's is 12 years old; when I had problems with other lenders back around 2008 (but never late with them) they balance-chased me from $1700 all the way to $470.  Fast-forward to today, my credit limit is $10k - and that's without me ever even calling Credit Solutions. 

I'm actually quite glad I didn't close the card out of anger (or irritation) back then.  Smiley Wink

+1.  Same thing happened to me with my same club mc and PayPal sc.  Both lowered down to very low limits last yea . But I have them both back up to 3500 and 4000

Message 21 of 27
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

No suggestions that it can't be done. It does happen thankfully.

Those results are proof positive that it is possible to regain them again.

I'm just drawing from OP posting his valid concern on not wanting the AA reduced limit ($250) to remain like that.

Who could blame him on that. He has other (one might add better) Synchrony Cards in perfectly good standing and not so sure that one particular card (BP Visa) is worth it to him to maybe draw additional attention to his other cards at this time or not. 

Message 22 of 27
icyhot
Valued Contributor

I think I'd die if I had $40,000 in CC debt, no matter how much I made. The $4800 (Amazon and 0% Spark) is enough
Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 23 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

well if you made $250k that's nothing and can be paid in a few months if you are living within your means completely (although it's common to spend what you make in general)
Message 24 of 27
score_building
Senior Contributor

@pip3man wrote:

Thank you all for the feedback, I really appreciate. Honestly I don't think it's inactivity cos I have a Sony card from them I haven't used since 2014 and it's still open. I'm leaning towards utilization as the factor. But utilization is not the craziest in comparison to my income. Besides my Prestige and Sallie Mae card, none of the balances is costing me a dime in interest. My Lowes, Amazon, BestBuy, Discover and Venture One have balances on 0% APR so I don't think it's necessary to pay them off "just because" if u know what I mean. Oh well I guess it is what it is. I'm gonna continue paying the accounts off gradually as the APR expires or comes close to expiration. I'm not tryna please no bank or dance to their tune so they can do what they want. No hard feelings

If not at the lowest available, IIRC currently at 9.99 (perhaps now 10.24?) on SM, may as well request an APRD, so too for Prestige.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 25 of 27
Officer737
Established Contributor

Just my observation, and I could be wrong,  but it looks like they are quicker to lower limits on their VISA/MC badged cards than they are to lower the store card versions. 

Message 26 of 27
pip3man
Valued Contributor

@score_building wrote:

@pip3man wrote:

Thank you all for the feedback, I really appreciate. Honestly I don't think it's inactivity cos I have a Sony card from them I haven't used since 2014 and it's still open. I'm leaning towards utilization as the factor. But utilization is not the craziest in comparison to my income. Besides my Prestige and Sallie Mae card, none of the balances is costing me a dime in interest. My Lowes, Amazon, BestBuy, Discover and Venture One have balances on 0% APR so I don't think it's necessary to pay them off "just because" if u know what I mean. Oh well I guess it is what it is. I'm gonna continue paying the accounts off gradually as the APR expires or comes close to expiration. I'm not tryna please no bank or dance to their tune so they can do what they want. No hard feelings

If not at the lowest available, IIRC currently at 9.99 (perhaps now 10.24?) on SM, may as well request an APRD, so too for Prestige.

Hey score I did get my APR on the Prestige reduced earlier this month. It's currently at 13.49%.... I think u might be referring to my AA Plat now turned Double Cash card which was once at 10.24% following the rate hike and currently at 5.24%. As for SM, I got a reduction back in mid 2015 and haven't been able to score another one since then. I'll see if I can try again...

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.