Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dear old Cap1

tag
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Dear old Cap1

So I have been rebuilding recently and I have this Cap1 CO that I have been trying to pay. When I call them, they tell me that it's been handed over to a CA and when I call the CA they say it's been sold to some one else ( so I amdisputing the first CA since they are not the responsible CA ) so I call CA #2 and are giving me the runaround saw well. 

Any advice? I'm trying really hard to pay this in good faith.

Thanks in advance.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Dear old Cap1

How old is the CA?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 10
madmann26
Valued Contributor

The Cap1 account is just over 5yrs old.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 3 of 10
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Not sure I'd want to pay that so close to the 7yr drop off.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 10
JonStur
Established Contributor

Leave it alone IMHO.. Unless you can convince a CA to pay for delete, it will be on your credit report for another seven years. I would let it be unless you just want to feel good about paying off your debts.

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 5 of 10
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Thanks Jon,

Its hard to leave it alone. That balance is killing my utilization. I could always pay it and try to GW it down the road. I just don't know.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 6 of 10
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@madmann26 wrote:

Thanks Jon,

Its hard to leave it alone. That balance is killing my utilization. I could always pay it and try to GW it down the road. I just don't know.

GW with Cap1 is very hard. Is it a big balance that you owe?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 10
madmann26
Valued Contributor

$591 I believe.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 8 of 10
Sparkz1920
Frequent Contributor

You're almost at 7 years...Dunno if i would pay it off

It will help your score a bit if paid. I paid 2 charge offs from CAP1 and successfully got one deleted last month praise god. It went bad in 07 and my date to drop off is sometime in 2014 i know that much. I paid it in 09 and it did not start the clock again. Plus, I was trying for government jobs and the reserves in 09 and figured its better to pay it off and get a clearance than have debt sittin there and be denied a clearance.

Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 670
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

NFCU Rewards- 8K......AMEX Delta Skymiles-5k.....Citi AAdvantage AMEX-3.5K...WalMart Discover-4K....Old Navy Visa-2k...BOA-3000...AMEX Green-NPSL....Discover More-1K
Message 9 of 10
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@madmann26 wrote:

$591 I believe.

Eh, it really depends on if you want to roll the dice with them. You could send them a PFD letter, but that might make them want to sue to get the money. You could pay it and try for GW but I dont think you'll have much luck with it.

IMO I would leave it be and let it fall off.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.