Did you mean: 

Death of a Capital one platinum?

tag
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

Re: Death of a Capital one platinum?

@racurran wrote:

No need to close.  Use this link....

https://verified.capitalone.com/sic-ui/#/esignin?Product=Card&Action=ProductUpgrade 

You follow the link and it gives you your product change options.  I upgraded my platinum card to a Venture One card with no anual fee.  I get 10x on hotels.com which is the only thing I use it for.  I just transferred my points to Jetblue for a free plane ticket to Florida.  So far everyone I have shared this link with has been allowed to upgrade to quicksilver with no annual fee or Venture One with no annual fee.  

That link just took me to my regular account summary page

Total Loan Balance: $43k / $65k

Total SL: $78k

United 1K - 725,000 lifetime flight miles    |    Chase Status: 4/24
Message 21 of 26
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@coreysw12 wrote:

@racurran wrote:

https://verified.capitalone.com/sic-ui/#/esignin?Product=Card&Action=ProductUpgrade 

You follow the link and it gives you your product change options.  I upgraded my platinum card to a Venture One card with no anual fee.  I get 10x on hotels.com which is the only thing I use it for.  I just transferred my points to Jetblue for a free plane ticket to Florida.  So far everyone I have shared this link with has been allowed to upgrade to quicksilver with no annual fee or Venture One with no annual fee.  

That link just took me to my regular account summary page

It appears your account is not eligible for the upgrade whenever that displays.  Your signature would indicate the card has been open for <6 months, correct?

Message 22 of 26
tcbofade
Super Contributor

@racurran wrote:

Sorry to be your streak breaker, but no offers for me.

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 23 of 26
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@KJinNC wrote:

Close.

A lot of people think that when they close a card, they lose the account age. That is not the case. Positive closed accounts stay on your report for about ten years and are still calculated  in AAoA (and AoOA/AoYA, if applicable).

Just an FYI: This is also the case for negative closed accounts. 

OP, I also agree with closing it.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 24 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Honeslty, I will let that card just sit there until they decide to close it. Its not hurting you by keeping it open. If I were you I will call in and ask if you do qualify for an uprgade. CapitalOne sometimes offers that to their clients that have been with them for a while.

Message 25 of 26
RSX
Valued Contributor

i have this Visa Plat as well, and there is a $59 AF - opened in 2011 - $6950 CL that they wont increase since i dont use the card for anything more than $100

no points with this card - APR is ok - but not great

the link didnt work for me either - i think i will call them - i plan to close unless they can address the AF

Dec 16/2019. EX. 721. EQ. 723. TU 746
Jan 25/2024 EX. 774 EQ. 751 TU 758
Inq. EX 2 EQ 3 TU 6 - - CC 2x24, 0x12
Amex BCP $35k - Apple GS $21k - BMW/Elan $19k - Cap1 QS $16.7k - Chase Amazon $13.6k - Chase Bonvoy Bountiful $10k - Chase United Club Infinite $26k - Citi CustomCash $3k - Citi DC $14.5k - CreditUnion1 $9k - DiscoverIT $31.5k - PayBoo - $15.6k - Penfed Gold - $19.3k - USB AltitudeGO -$19k- USBank Cash+ -$25k - PenFed LOC - $20k - USB LOC - $15k
Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.