Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deciding on Chase Freedom

tag
virtuoso1980
Established Member

Deciding on Chase Freedom

I found a Chase Freedom app link for 25k initial bonus points that I have been itching to apply for the major part of the past week. I was just wondering if it would be a good idea or not, considering that my history is very short and I have opened a good number of accounts in the past two years. Of course I'm gonna be using it for the rotating categories but mostly for next quarter's restaurant and fashion categories. Here are my current accounts:

6/2011 -- Macy's Red Card 

4/2011 -- Amazon store card -- 2,200 limit

2/2011 -- Amex Blue Cash -- 2k limit, (backdated to 2010)

12/2010 -- Barclays Apple Financing Card -- 2,500 limit

11/2010 -- Amex Gold Delta Skymiles -- 2k limit

8/2010 -- BOA visa -- 3k limit

7/2010 -- Amex Zync -- (I will be closing this soon, made the mistake of keeping it open until the annual fee)

4/2010 -- BBRZ (with the funny 100 limit, will call to close this too)

2/2010 -- CapOne Mastercard -- 750, closed by me

Besides this, I had an auto loan from 8/2009 that was paid off 2 mos ago (20k starting loan), and a new one opened last July at 26k.

I really want a visa signature card, and saw that freedom has it now, that's why i got interested (plus the 5% cashback, and 250 dollars of course).

The question therefore is, is there a chance at all for me to be given a visa signature with this mess? My TU fico from here was 715 in July, and EQ I think was 700+ as well. Oldest account 2 years, average of 1 year. Thanks a lot!

virtuoso

ps, If I do not get the Freedom, I was thinking of Citi Forward, just because I eat out a lot. Is this worthwile with my profile? Thanks!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: Deciding on Chase Freedom

how many inquiries do you have? they are pretty sensitive, also you didnt say how high your util is

Message 2 of 8
virtuoso1980
Established Member

I have 1 on EQ from the car loan and up to 5 in EX from. These are from the past year. TU in the middle. 1% utilization. Thanks!

Chase had always pulled EQ for me back when I applied and got denied every 6 months by them.

Message 3 of 8
john398
Senior Contributor

@virtuoso1980 wrote:

I have 1 on EQ from the car loan and up to 5 in EX from. These are from the past year. TU in the middle. 1% utilization. Thanks!

Chase had always pulled EQ for me back when I applied and got denied every 6 months by them.

In that case I am 90% sure you will be approved, as I was with a lot higher util but they only gave me 2k

Message 4 of 8
virtuoso1980
Established Member

Thanks for the reply! I went ahead and apped last night and got the 10 day message. I called today and found out I was approved for 5k limit, 250 dollar initial cashback, and 17.99% apr. I hope it's the Signature! Or would it not have said the limit if it was? Thanks!
Message 5 of 8
john398
Senior Contributor

@virtuoso1980 wrote:
Thanks for the reply! I went ahead and apped last night and got the 10 day message. I called today and found out I was approved for 5k limit, 250 dollar initial cashback, and 17.99% apr. I hope it's the Signature! Or would it not have said the limit if it was? Thanks!

Congrats thats an awesome limit

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@virtuoso1980 wrote:

I got a 6k freedom a couple of months ago and it is not a signature.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pretty sure it's not the signature.  I don't think the signature comes with that $250 when you spend $500 in 3 months.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.