cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Declined By Citi UPDATE SUCCESSFUL RECON!!!!

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: Declined for Citi ThankYou Preferred

Oh no!! Lol they aren't as bad as Cap 1. Ime, they're service just sucks...recom reps seem rude and unable to do much. I got denied with a 670'ish FICO earlier this year. Additionally, seems like they deny creditworthy people for trivial reasons...

That's smart! That's what I do with 0% offers; float a balance and make some div/interest income hahhaha, not a lot but a few hundred a year is better than none!!!!

Yeah... They might do 21 mos on the 0% for Citi Diamond as Xmas approaches!! I saw on whogavemecredit that they did last year!

When I called to inquire about credit requirements for Citi approval (called several diff nums), they were just rude and aggressive to get me to app without giving me any clue as to whether or not my credit profile would match their reqs. I'm not gonna waste 5-10 points on a hp to get a rude, forceful rep. Grrrrr

Citi just seems silly in my books; although again, I want that Citi Diamond Pref MC at some point LOL.
And 6 mos at 0% is a JOKE... Lol

Even Crap1 intro aprs last 12 mos generally hahhaha!!!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 21 of 90
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Tinuviel- just out of curiosity... What were your FICOs at time of approval for Diamond?!? if you posted it on here, just link it to me, and I'll read it haha. I'll remem it if I read it already:-P ...if you don't mind of course. That seems higher on Citi's start cls than I've seen!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 22 of 90
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Tinuviel- just out of curiosity... What were your FICOs at time of approval for Diamond?!? if you posted it on here, just link it to me, and I'll read it haha. I'll remem it if I read it already:-P ...if you don't mind of course. That seems higher on Citi's start cls than I've seen!

I was both thrilled and amazed at the starting CL. They pulled EQ, and my score at the time was 723. The approval thread is here:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Left-garden-approvals/m-p/1556528/highlight/true#M42803...

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 23 of 90
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@migliogiorni wrote:

Citi and Crap 1 are no where on the same level, crap one is just a joke :s.

I didn't think so, but I have been hearing some bad things about them. I am just trying to get in the door with them. I think they have some good things to offer.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 24 of 90
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Oh no!! Lol they aren't as bad as Cap 1. Ime, they're service just sucks...recom reps seem rude and unable to do much. I got denied with a 670'ish FICO earlier this year. Additionally, seems like they deny creditworthy people for trivial reasons...

That's smart! That's what I do with 0% offers; float a balance and make some div/interest income hahhaha, not a lot but a few hundred a year is better than none!!!!

Yeah... They might do 21 mos on the 0% for Citi Diamond as Xmas approaches!! I saw on whogavemecredit that they did last year!

When I called to inquire about credit requirements for Citi approval (called several diff nums), they were just rude and aggressive to get me to app without giving me any clue as to whether or not my credit profile would match their reqs. I'm not gonna waste 5-10 points on a hp to get a rude, forceful rep. Grrrrr

Citi just seems silly in my books; although again, I want that Citi Diamond Pref MC at some point LOL.
And 6 mos at 0% is a JOKE... Lol

Even Crap1 intro aprs last 12 mos generally hahhaha!!!

A good summary of what Citi told me is that I need at least a year of history on my Visa Signature account and fewer INQs. I think I will be ready to app come April.

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 25 of 90
OwNt
New Contributor

Citi is most definitely not on the crap1 level.

$40,000 CL through them wtih low APR's agree with my above statement.

~~Credit Cards~~
Alliant Platinum Rewards Visa, AmEx BCP, BofA Power Rewards, Bank of the West Platinum, Barclay Rewards World MC, Chase Freedom/Chase Sapphire Preferred, Citi Thank You Preferred/Citi Dividend Select, Discover IT, FNBOmaha, Paypal MC, US Bank Cash+/US Bank Perks+.

Total: $300,000+ in lines.
Message 26 of 90
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@OwNt wrote:

Alright thanks. They will be at the top of my list next app spree.

Message 27 of 90
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@OwNt wrote:

Is there a particular card you would recommend I app for? Or is the one I applied for a good one?

Message 28 of 90
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Wow!!! $40k limit!!!??! Nice!!!
Dustin, who did you speak with at Citi? Like the dept? They literally told me it was confidential, but I also elected not to apply after contacting 3-4 diff reps, incl. an analyst lol
Message 29 of 90
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Wow!!! $40k limit!!!??! Nice!!!
Dustin, who did you speak with at Citi? Like the dept? They literally told me it was confidential, but I also elected not to apply after contacting 3-4 diff reps, incl. an analyst lol

I called a backdoor number from the list on this website.

Message 30 of 90
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.