cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Declined By Citi UPDATE SUCCESSFUL RECON!!!!

tag
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Re: Declined for Citi ThankYou Preferred

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Ive hears of that Planetfeedback route, but Dustink, Citi just sucks...I hate to say this, but even after hundreds of billions of dollars of taxpayer funded capital infusions, Citi is still just NOT consumer friendly. At least Chase is :-)

I'm still gonna app for Citi Diamond Preferred in 6 mos to a year :-D... Suuuchhh a pretty card :-)

So they are on the Crap1 level?

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 11 of 90
kwazziee
Regular Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

Ive hears of that Planetfeedback route, but Dustink, Citi just sucks...I hate to say this, but even after hundreds of billions of dollars of taxpayer funded capital infusions, Citi is still just NOT consumer friendly. At least Chase is :-)

I'm still gonna app for Citi Diamond Preferred in 6 mos to a year :-D... Suuuchhh a pretty card :-)

Does that card offer rewards?

I don't think there are any awards but their APR are decent to carry around plus it looks great.

I recently received a mail from Citi Diamond Preferred with a 0% APR for 6 month and 0%interest for 6 month. I am nervous to pull the trigger because I was approved for a Citi ThankYou a week ago so I will wait on this another 6 months.

Message 12 of 90
Dustink
Valued Contributor

6 months is pretty bad. The chase freedom offers rewards plus 15 months no interest.

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 13 of 90
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

I wouldn't waste my time with a 6 month 0% APR. It'spointless. Chase offers at least 15 month 0% APR right now. So does Discover on their More and Motiva line.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 14 of 90
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@kwazziee wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

Does that card offer rewards?

I don't think there are any awards but their APR are decent to carry around plus it looks great.

I recently received a mail from Citi Diamond Preferred with a 0% APR for 6 month and 0%interest for 6 month. I am nervous to pull the trigger because I was approved for a Citi ThankYou a week ago so I will wait on this another 6 months.

I got a Citi Diamond Preferred recently and was offered 0% for 18 months. No rewards, it's true, but I was interested in having a card with a decent 0% interest intro period in case of an emergency and I would want to float a balance. My recommendation would be to hold off and wait to see if a better offer than 6 months comes in.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 15 of 90
Dustink
Valued Contributor

I got a Citi Diamond Preferred recently and was offered 0% for 18 months. No rewards, it's true, but I was interested in having a card with a decent 0% interest intro period in case of an emergency and I would want to float a balance. My recommendation would be to hold off and wait to see if a better offer than 6 months comes in.

I also noticed they advertise 18 months on their site. I would think it would be better to get a promo APR when it is needed. If you save it for an emergency the promo APR may be expired by the time it is needed.

Message 16 of 90
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@Dustink wrote:

I also noticed they advertise 18 months on their site. I would think it would be better to get a promo APR when it is needed. If you save it for an emergency the promo APR may be expired by the time it is needed.

As it so happens, the timing was perfect. Fortunately, I was approved with a very nice limit -- $6800. Unfortunately, I had reason to avail myself of the offer.

I had been finding all sorts of ways to hold off on having a filling redone by my dentist because, well, I'm very dental phobic. I know, I know... I'm a big girl and should know better and just get over it. But, I thought that I could wait just a little longer before going and made excuses. The very night that I was approved for the cards from my recent app spree -- of which the Citi was one -- only about two hours after the approval, the tooth broke (really put a damper on my app spree approval celebration). I made an emergency appointment and they couldn't do a crown. So, I was scheduled for an extraction and bone graft with the ultimate goal of an implant. The card came in two days before the procedure. Instead of pulling the funds out of an interest bearing savings account, I put it on the Citi and will have it paid off by the end of next month; I've already paid off a third last month and will do the same this month. The next phase of the procedure is scheduled for February, and I'll have plenty of 0% time left to put those new charges on the card. Really bizzare timing, but it worked out perfectly.

(ETA) Your point is well taken, though. I suppose that after putting ~$1400 on my Cap1 Visa for transmission repairs this past spring, and scrambling to pay it off before interest became a problem, I just had the strong urge at the time of my app spree to acquire a suitable an "emergency" card. I'm glad it worked out, but sorry that an emergency did, indeed, arise so quickly.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 17 of 90
Chadsnana
Valued Member

This is giving me knots in my stomach. Website has been saying for over a week that my application is being reviewed. I have decent credit but recent inq. I read online that Citi is having their own issues. They may not have credit availability themselves. I wish that these companies would tell consumers that upfront so that we can make a decision on whether we want them to pull our credit for a card that there are not good odds of getting. I hope that Citi will give me a card only because they pulled my credit (FICO 763). I was debating between them and Discover but not a lot of companies accept Discover so Citi is was. Has anyone gotten a notice automatically when they applied online or is it standard to get the message stating that they will let you know in a week?

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/2760iB9166C1A493A3CBC/
Message 18 of 90
xboxrunner
Regular Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

So they are on the Crap1 level?

My experience with Citi has been fine. Decent starting CL and APR, and then two CLI's (every 6 months, soft-pulls too!). Good luck getting that from Crapital1. lol

Also, look at the Citi Forward for a starter card. All-around good card, and relatively good approval chances for most people.

Transunion - 820 (9/8/21)
Equifax Fico 8 - 832 (9/8/21)
Vantagescore - 821 (3/20/21)
Message 19 of 90
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

Citi and Crap 1 are no where on the same level, crap one is just a joke :s.

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 20 of 90
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.