Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Declined Cap1

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Declined Cap1

For what it's worth, CapitalOne is getting weirder and weirder. I've seen reports of people with high 700s, plenty of income, and low DTI being declined lately for rather obscure reasons. Perhaps CapOne wants to focus exclusively on approving toy CLs for random applicants with midrange scores, and then putting lots of time and effort into dealing with high default rates and pursuing collections ... Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 13
smc733
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

For what it's worth, CapitalOne is getting weirder and weirder. I've seen reports of people with high 700s, plenty of income, and low DTI being declined lately for rather obscure reasons. Perhaps CapOne wants to focus exclusively on approving toy CLs for random applicants with midrange scores, and then putting lots of time and effort into dealing with high default rates and pursuing collections ... Smiley Happy

This kind of reminded me to suggest a card that seems to be limited credit friendly.  I think the OP should consider going for the Citi Forward Card, he should have no problems with his score.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also they don't like inquiries.

They are difficult to deal with.  There are

other student cards out there like Discover,

BofA, Chase.  You can google credit cards

and see them all.

Even after you change your status it's hard

to get CAP ONE to grow with you.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.