Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Declined by Chase...

tag
SportBike4Life
Regular Contributor

Declined by Chase...

So, I was decline by Chase for one of their airline cards but will submitting a recon applicaiton (which they told me they have already sent in the mail) result in futher hard inquiries or no? The recon app they sent was for income verification.

Jun 2012 FICO® ~ 734 EQ
Sep 2012 FICO® ~ 684 EQ; 734 TU
Oct 2012 FICO® ~ TBA

Goal for 2014 ~760+

Trying to stay in the garden...but also trying to get as many apps as possible for now Smiley Wink
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Declined by Chase...

@SportBike4Life wrote:

So, I was decline by Chase for one of their airline cards but will submitting a recon applicaiton (which they told me they have already sent in the mail) result in futher hard inquiries or no? The recon app they sent was for income verification.

That's not a decline Smiley Happy.  

If they have a recon app, not sure why they wouldn't let you do that over the phone but I don't know Chase.  Income verification is pretty easy, fax em last two paystubs assuming W2 employment and go on with life for the most part.  Only sticking point is 1099 / self-employed folks.  In this case it shouldn't be a second pull, you're not having to play let's make a deal based on your credit report.

        
Message 2 of 9
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

Just need inc verification and for sure you were not declined, GL>

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 3 of 9
CS800
Super Contributor

I agree with the posters. It seems like they only need an income verification that can be faxed Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 9
YahComb
Established Contributor

My apps for Sapphire and Freedom got the two weeks message. Called in and they said Call verification. Within 3 minutes I had 2 new cards.

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 5 of 9
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I didn't have to provide income verification for my recon, although I did call them twice to get my app ultimately approved!

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 6 of 9
LS2982
Mega Contributor

I would call their executive office in the backdoor sticky at the top of the forum and find out what exactly is going on.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 9
n777ua
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:
I would call their executive office in the backdoor sticky at the top of the forum and find out what exactly is going on.

If they're sending OP an income verification form then thats probably what they want.  Certainly not a decline but more likely than not an approval.

About $215,000 total credit among 11 cards
Message 8 of 9
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@n777ua wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

If they're sending OP an income verification form then thats probably what they want.  Certainly not a decline but more likely than not an approval.

It's possible they can fax this info. I would think.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.