Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Declined for AMEX Blue Cash Preferred

Highlighted
Contributor

Declined for AMEX Blue Cash Preferred

Just thought you guys might want to know:

I just applied for an AMEX Blue Cash Preferred and was declined. They based it on a Transunion score of 682 being too low.

I have a Target VISA CC already with a $5900 CL. I currently have a $0 balance showing on the credit reports but normally use it every month with it showing a small (less than 10%) balance.

I have perfect payment history on all my accounts except for a car loan I stupidly co-signed on for a friend. A lot of stupid stuff happened with that loan including a serious lack of communication on their part until the loan was so far behind I couldn't catch it up before they repo'd. That baddie will be gone in another 1.5 years.

I have various other installment loans. Some i am still paying on with a high utilization. (Is that what you call it for installment?)

My Equifax score is 708 after the AMEX app. I haven't applied for much credit lately, maybe one or 2 showing on my reports.

I don't think I'm going to aplpy for another CC right away because nothing else seems worth it for the way I use it.

Open Credit Cards:   Target Visa/5900CL    |    AMEX BCP/6000CL
Latest Credit Scores:   780 TU (2011-08-01)
Credit Score History:   708 EQ (2011-07-01)    |    682 TU (2011-06-30)    |    693 EQ (2010-05-21)
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Declined for AMEX Blue Cash Preferred

Ugh, sorry about that.  It's definitely a waiting game.  Sorry about the repo too - it can be tough cosigning for people.  Perhaps in 6 months or so they'll reconsider.  Your balances (what are they?) will be lower and your baddies will be aged even moreso.

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Moderator Emerita

Re: Declined for AMEX Blue Cash Preferred

Aww... I'm sorry to hear abou the decline too. Have you tried a goodwill campaign for the repo?

I think that you'll be golden when that repo drops (possibly even before). Amex will be begging for your business then!

-------------------------------------------

Friendly, Supportive & Respectful

Understanding Your FICO Score  |  Credit Scoring 101  |  Common Abbreviations  |  FTC: FCRA Links  |  FTC: FDCPA Links  |  Opt-Out  |  State Resources

"However gradual may be the growth of confidence, that of credit requires still more time to arrive at maturity” ~ Benjamin Disraeli

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.