Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Declined for "amount of credit"?

tag
Kaitlyn

Declined for "amount of credit"?

Hello,

I applied for Care Credit, and the reason that it said I was declined was "amount of credit".

What does this mean, I asked for too high of a credit limit, I currently don't have enough credit, or I have too many credit accounts?

Thanks,

Kate

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Declined for "amount of credit"?

@Kaitlyn wrote:

Hello,

I applied for Care Credit, and the reason that it said I was declined was "amount of credit".

What does this mean, I asked for too high of a credit limit, I currently don't have enough credit, or I have too many credit accounts?

Thanks,

Kate

Could be carrying large balances 

Could be amount of credit exceeds income

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 13
rex_03
Contributor

It may be the latter that you mentioned. If I could ask, how many cards are carrying a balance or utilization? I think this is what Care Credit is seeing. Or if you have cards without a balance at all Care Credit could see that you already have the credit needed.
Message 3 of 13
b_seeker
Frequent Contributor

Usually this means that you have "enough" available credit limit in comparison to your profile and income. It can be either you have reached your exposure limit with a particular bank or (probably your case) your total credit limits is deemed high enough. At least this has been my experience.

What is your income to available credit ratio?

|| Barclaycard Rewards Visa $5500 || AMEX BCE $2000 || Discover IT $3000 || Amazon Rewards Visa $1800 ||
|| Chase Freedom $2700 || CSP $5000 || Chase Marriott Premier $7500 || Sallie Mae MC $3800 ||

FICO Scores: EX 752 (3/13/13) || EQ 782 (10/4/13) || TU 724 (1/18/13)

In the garden as of 10/12/2013
Message 4 of 13
asphaltcowboy
Valued Contributor

@Kaitlyn wrote:

Hello,

Thanks,

Kate

Sorry for your denialSmiley Sad

You might trying to recon with them, they maybe able to better answer your question

Best of luck to you

Starting Score TU 667 EQ 663 EX 655
Current Score TU 778 EQ 776 EX 781 Last Update 4/2016
Garden Club 04/10/2013
Message 5 of 13
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Sounds like you have too much credit avail compared to income?
I'm shocked Ive not received that as a denial reason yet -.-
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 6 of 13
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Kaitlyn wrote:

Hello,

Thanks,

Kate

More than likely your balances (high utilization)

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 13
Kaitlyn

That's strange.

I only have a 29% ratio on my $600 Amazon store card because it gets 0% interest for 6 months. The rest are fully paid off.

I have 5 credit cards, each has between $200 and $600 limit. $2,300 altogether.

I make $48,000 a year.

Message 8 of 13
nyancat
Established Contributor

Well you definitely don't have too much credit for your income, but you do have very little credit. I also imagine your score is exceptionally poor, since CareCredit is pretty much designed to deny no one.

CareCredit is a giant rip-off. They take advantage of the fact medical debt is one of the hardest types of debt to repay, for anyone. They offer you x months interest free. BUT if you fail to pay in full within those months, they charge you something like 30% interest BACKDATED to day one (so like an immediate 30% for the first year) INCLUDING on any amount already paid to them.

It's taking advantage of the poorest and most vulnerable in society, and I know it makes me avoid ANY GE product.

American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $11,000; American Express Platinum Cashback Everyday - £3,000; American Express Rewards Credit Card - £7,500; Aqua Reward Mastercard - £3,500; Bank of America Travel Rewards - $5,000; Barclaycard Freedom Rewards - £3,500; Citi Forward - $5,800; Discover It - $10,000; Halifax Clarity - £1,500; HSBC Platinum with Rewards - $5,000, MBNA Everyday Plus - £3,500
Message 9 of 13
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@nyancat wrote:

CareCredit is a giant rip-off. They take advantage of the fact medical debt is one of the hardest types of debt to repay, for anyone. They offer you x months interest free. BUT if you fail to pay in full within those months, they charge you something like 30% interest BACKDATED to day one (so like an immediate 30% for the first year) INCLUDING on any amount already paid to them.

It's taking advantage of the poorest and most vulnerable in society, and I know it makes me avoid ANY GE product.

These terms are detailed in the statements and in the terms that you agree to before applying. Is it their fault that some people are so careless that they do not pay it all off before the interest period is up? If people don't have the money for the procedure and there was no product like this, how would they get what they need? If people don't read and end up paying interest, that is their own fault and a credit card company should not be blamed for that.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.