Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Defunct Credit Card company

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Defunct Credit Card company

So, after reading all the responses, there is one final question: It looks like I will have to pay this debt to be able to get this Loan? I can't wait 30-45 days for them to verify the debt.

Message 11 of 19
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

So, after reading all the responses, there is one final question: It looks like I will have to pay this debt to be able to get this Loan? I can't wait 30-45 days for them to verify the debt.

I wouldn't pay it right now. I would send the DV and wait.

Why are you up against a time limit for this? You don't say in your original post.

Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am trying to purchase a Foreclosed home. Once it is listed, the investors have to wait approximately 15 days before they can put a bid in so that First-time Homebuyers like myself, can have a chance at getting a home. The specific house I am interested in, will be going on the market soon...so I am trying to work in a 15-20 day window. This debt is the ONLY debt stopping me from getting the loan.

Message 13 of 19
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I am trying to purchase a Foreclosed home. Once it is listed, the investors have to wait approximately 15 days before they can put a bid in so that First-time Homebuyers like myself, can have a chance at getting a home. The specific house I am interested in, will be going on the market soon...so I am trying to work in a 15-20 day window. This debt is the ONLY debt stopping me from getting the loan.

Ah I see. Is paying this a requirement of the lender? It's not always so. I assume you have talked to them about this?

Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

According to the Loan Officer, it is a condition of acceptance.

Message 15 of 19
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

According to the Loan Officer, it is a condition of acceptance.

In that case I would pay the debt and not give it a second thought. Put it all in the past and enjoy your home.

Message 16 of 19
daveg38
Established Contributor

Definitely agree - for two reasons:

1) Mortgage accounts are a HUGE credit score weight boost

2) Paying your small debt ($700, right?) is alot better than losing the opportunity of owning a 5 or 6 figure home.

Ch7 Discharge: 5/14/2016 | Target RedCard $900 | Merrick DYL $500
Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any ideas on how to get them to settle for a lesser amount? Called once today & they wouldn't budge...even threatened BK! They didn't care.
Message 18 of 19
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Any ideas on how to get them to settle for a lesser amount? Called once today & they wouldn't budge...even threatened BK! They didn't care.

I can't help you there. I've never tried to settle any of my bad accounts. They were all dead from old age by the time I learned about settlements, PFD's, DV's, etc etc.

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.