cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delta Companion Pass - No Availability?

tag
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Delta Companion Pass - No Availability?

@Remedios wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

O/T - We'll fly Spirit next time. Or, whatever it's going to be called once Spirit/Frontier merge. :

Spitier? 

As far as wheel class, not in the past 17 years. For fact checking purposes (I knew I'd find use for this screenshot eventually 😐😂). 

Screenshot_20220311-123339_Messages.jpg

Close, but seems like it needs an H toward the beginning.  Smiley Surprised

Sigh.  Sometimes it's the Comfort+ life for me.  They send these so early I don't think it actually has my December flights, although that wouldn't change the percentage by more than a percent since I got 3 out of 4 F upgrades.

Message 21 of 24
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@W261w261 wrote:

Reading this thread almost gave me a headache. I'm going to FL in a month or so and will be at the Delta club in ATL with my Delta Reserve card. When I've been there before I've seen some Delta personnel and never knew exactly what the range of their duties was. Could they help me make a first class reservation with the companion pass I'm going to get pretty soon? 

During IRROPS (irregular operations), they're usually the people you would most want to talk to and I've certainly discussed same day changes and coterminal changes (i.e. going to JFK instead of LaGuardia) with them on existing reservations.  But as for new reservations, that's usually the realm of the reservations phone number or ticketing agent.  They may be able to do it, but I am really not sure.  Delta's 9 ATL SkyClubs are also not created equal.

Message 22 of 24
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@W261w261 wrote:

Reading this thread almost gave me a headache. I'm going to FL in a month or so and will be at the Delta club in ATL with my Delta Reserve card. When I've been there before I've seen some Delta personnel and never knew exactly what the range of their duties was. Could they help me make a first class reservation with the companion pass I'm going to get pretty soon? 

During IRROPS (irregular operations), they're usually the people you would most want to talk to and I've certainly discussed same day changes and coterminal changes (i.e. going to JFK instead of LaGuardia) with them on existing reservations.  But as for new reservations, that's usually the realm of the reservations phone number or ticketing agent.  They may be able to do it, but I am really not sure.  Delta's 9 ATL SkyClubs are also not created equal.

I have only used ATL once or twice, so maybe I'm missing something...

But why the heck are they putting in a Centurion there, given Delta's ~80% share of traffic and the 9 SkyClubs?

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 23 of 24
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

It's a good question, but looks like Amex would like to grab some of that other 20%.  20% of ATL is still the same traffic as most major airports.  😂 I am sure there is some lucrative non-SkyTeam potential marketing for Platinum Cards (the charge variety, not Delta) there, and you'd need to be on a Delta or international partner flight to gain access to SkyClub.

That will be one of the rare Centurion locations that I can think of at the moment that would actually be practical on domestic Delta flights.  Usually when I hit an airport with a Centurion it would involve going to another terminal not connected airside, exiting security, and re-entering security in the terminal my flight is in, so I almost always end up at SkyClub.   SEA is one that comes to mind that I like since they are literally next door to each other, and if one looks crowded I can just go into the other one.

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.