Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delta Gold Amex offer better than 70k?

tag
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Delta Gold Amex offer better than 70k?

This (targeted email) offer looks pretty tempting to me. Is anyone aware of a better offer for this card? Maybe a better offer on the Platinum Delta Amex?

Delta Gold Amex

$95 AF not waived

70k miles, $2k spend, 3 months

$50 credit after a Delta purchase within 3 months

Offer expires Feb 20, 2019

I don't expect to fly for the next few months, so I might sit on this for a bit. Also, a little more time can't hurt if Amex feels I've been getting too many bonuses.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

Re: Delta Gold Amex offer better than 70k?

I read recently about someone getting offered 75K plus $50 in a targeted email.

Either one is a seriously good offer though. Delta’s points may not be worth as much internationally as other programs but there’s some really good opportunities for sale point fares domestically.

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 2 of 16
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Good offer.. I just did the business version 60k for 3k spend AF waived as well for first year..  That is about as good as it gets being what you have.  @K-in-Boston the delta freak might know if there are better offers possibly

Message 3 of 16
staticvoidmain
Established Contributor

I believe that is higher than the Gold's all-time high. If I remember correctly, It was 50K + 10K + $50.

Platinum was 70K + 10K MQM (not miles) + $100, which I was able to get.

Message 4 of 16
wasCB14
Super Contributor

What counts as "a Delta purchase"? Only a flight? What about an egift card?

Message 5 of 16
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

For total value, that is indeed an all-time high for the Gold SkyMiles card.  There have been 60k offers (often officially stated as 50k for $x spend and 10k for $y spend), and those have generally had the $95 annual fee waived.  The additional 10,000 SkyMiles over a 60k offer would have a minimum value of $120 and you could of course just buy a Delta gift card for $50 (using desktop browser only!) at delta.com to get the $50 credit.  Even at the minimal value of SkyMiles, you'd be looking at $890 total in free travel for the $95 fee!

@Shadowfactor Delta has been going sale-crazy lately with award fares, like round-trip to Europe in Main Cabin for 34,000 miles!

I got my Platinum at the all-time high of 70k SkyMiles + 10k MQMs + $100 credit, and just recently got my Delta Reserve with the record high 70k SkyMiles + 10k MQMs offer.  Amex emailed me a targeted offer for the Gold and Platinum SyMiles Business cards, and I'm seriously thinking about dipping my toes for the first time into the business card market next month (before the offer expires) to grab the Platinum SkyMiles Business card.  Keep in mind that above I used 1.2 cents value per mile, but it's really not that hard to get closer to 2 cents which is hardly worthy of the nickname SkyPeso.  And certainly on award sales you can get even more value!

Message 6 of 16
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@wasCB14 wrote:

What counts as "a Delta purchase"? Only a flight? What about an egift card?

Sorry, I didn't check for new replies before clicking Post after typing that out.  If you buy an eGift Certificate on Delta's website using a desktop browser (mobile ends up putting the charge through a 3rd party - same rules apply as Amex charge card credits) it counts.  Certainly flights, but also baggage fees (in excess of the first bag free for you and up to 8 people flying with you), change fees, taxes on an award flight, etc.  Basically just treat it like triggering the charge card credit.  Also, it was pointed out to me before that the wording actually just says "after your first Delta purchase," so with a $50 or $100 credit, you could probably just pay $5.60 in taxes on an award ticket and get the full $50 or $100 credited.

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Been getting targeted by Delta for these cards without the lifetime language and not sure if it's because I do not have the cards yet at all.  Got the tiered bonus of 50K after $2k, additional 25K after $1k and $50 statement with AF waived.

Message 8 of 16
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Thanks, K!

@Anonymous wrote:

Been getting targeted by Delta for these cards without the lifetime language and not sure if it's because I do not have the cards yet at all.  Got the tiered bonus of 50K after $2k, additional 25K after $1k and $50 statement with AF waived.

That does sound nice. Maybe I'll wait a little while to see if they offer me that.

Message 9 of 16
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

@K

How do you find this stuff out ?!
What part of Europe for 34K miles RT ?

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.