Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delta Gold Skymiles Reconsideration

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Delta Gold Skymiles Reconsideration

On 8/14, I called Amex and asked if a BK from '98 would disqualify me for the Delta Gold Skymiles card and was told no. So I applied and got the need further processing message. Two days later, website stated I was declined. Every time I go to check reason why, it says the system is updating and check back in 24 hrs.

Called tonight to complain about this and rep couldn't get denial letter to come up either. After 25 minutes of chatting with her, she told me that it wasn't because of the BK, but inadvertantly told me that the minimum score for Delta Skymiles is 645. So I said no wonder I got denied. Ex score of 607 is my lowest and TU 650 is my highest.

She asked my permission to reactivate the application, erase Ex and pull TU. I said okay and she came back and said that my TU was way above what I told her. Must have gotten a bump in the last couple of days.

Anyway, to make long story short, she has placed my application back into processing status and said that to her it looks like I qualify based on TU if she can get supervisor to sign off on it. Asked my permission to call me on Saturday and give me the news personally.

Now we wait. I will be amazed if I get this, but I guess sometimes there is hope if we persevere. Even if I lose the recon, I will take the INQ on this one with a smile just for the second chance. Smiley Very Happy
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Delta Gold Skymiles Reconsideration

Lots of Guts to go for the Gold w/607

Should have been enough for the regular Sky Miles-

Good Luck !!!!!!
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll keep my fingers crossed fo you!

Good Luck. I think you'll get it.
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Timothy wrote:
Lots of Guts to go for the Gold w/607

Should have been enough for the regular Sky Miles-

Good Luck !!!!!!

More like stupidity. I really did not know the cutoff, just knew I wanted the card. Hopefully, I will get something.
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

montana wrote:
I'll keep my fingers crossed fo you!

Good Luck. I think you'll get it.

Thanks a lot Montana. I will be surprised but very estatic. I'll let you know what happens.
Message 5 of 14
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Best of luck!
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck...Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 14
laryn41
Frequent Contributor

what is the difference between skymiles and sky points?  I was app for delta skypoints
Message 8 of 14
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

That is a very good sign that they were willing to re-submit and pull TU.  This is definitely a positive thing.
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

SpecFile wrote:
That is a very good sign that they were willing to re-submit and pull TU.  This is definitely a positive thing.

Seems as though today while the rep I was working with had the day off, someone else took it upon themselves to decline me again. Something tells me that this is not meant to be. Smiley Sad
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.