Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delta Platinum Amex annual fee change?

tag
rockemsockem
Established Member

Delta Platinum Amex annual fee change?

Just an update because I found something to be contradictory to everything I've read on the forums.

I just checked my Amex account only to see that the annual fee ($150) was billed on my FIRST statement. 

TU: 735 EX: 726
NFCU $Rewards: $22,000 | NFCU LoC: $15,000 | BOA: $9,000 | BECU: $10,000 | Citi AAdvantage: $6,000 | CapOne QuicksilverOne: $4000 | Chase CSP: $6,500 | Chase Freedom: $2,500 | Amex BCP: $5,000 | Amex Biz: $3,000 | Delta Amex Platinum: $20,200 | DiscoverIt: $4400
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
dearppl
Contributor

Re: Delta Platinum Amex annual fee change?

From Delta's website

"The annual fee for the Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card is $195. If your application is received before May 1, 2014, the annual fee for the Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card is $150."

Message 2 of 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

The AF is not waived for the first year for the Delta Plat...only the Gold

Message 3 of 8
rockemsockem
Established Member

I never said or thought it was waived. I know that it is $150.

Everything that I have read on the forums has been that the AF is charged at the END of the year, not the beginning.

I'm sorry, I should have clarified.

NFCU $Rewards: $22,000 | NFCU LoC: $15,000 | BOA: $9,000 | BECU: $10,000 | Citi AAdvantage: $6,000 | CapOne QuicksilverOne: $4000 | Chase CSP: $6,500 | Chase Freedom: $2,500 | Amex BCP: $5,000 | Amex Biz: $3,000 | Delta Amex Platinum: $20,200 | DiscoverIt: $4400
Message 4 of 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@rockemsockem wrote:

Everything that I have read on the forums has been that the AF is charged at the END of the year, not the beginning.

Amex charges their AF on the very first billing statement. 

Message 5 of 8
Leadberry
Established Contributor

@rockemsockem wrote:

Every lender I know of charges AF up front.  Why would they charge it at the end of a cycle, just to have folks cancelling at the 11-month mark?

FICO Scores 800+
Message 6 of 8
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@Leadberry wrote:

@rockemsockem wrote:

Every lender I know of charges AF up front.  Why would they charge it at the end of a cycle, just to have folks cancelling at the 11-month mark?

Exactly. Every instance that you read of on these forums where someone is paying for their AF at the end of the year is probably because it's really the 13th statement and it was waived the first year. From my experience, you are either charged your AF on your first statement, or your 13th if waived the first year.

Message 7 of 8
rockemsockem
Established Member

Ah ok. That makes sense! Thanks for the information Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.