Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delta Reserve credit criteria?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Delta Reserve credit criteria?

Hello everyone, I was curious in the AMEX Delta Reserve card, and I was wondering if the underwriting for this card is more strict than for that of the Gold/Platinum Delta, and how it compares in that sense to AMEX's other cards (Blue, Gold charge, etc...).   I have tried to ask AMEX this but they always respond with their robotic scripted answers such as, "To my knowledge, all of our cards require the same credit criteria. (what a load of BS!!!!!!!!!! I responded to that by saying "I find that hard to believe," and she said the exact same script "To my knowledge....." at which this point I knew I was getting nowhere)". They also say "I'm sorry, but I am not involved in the approval process, you would have to apply to know for sure...."blah blah.  Has anyone applied for this card? Any info (credit scores needed, history, etc) would be very helpful. Thanks!!!!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Delta Reserve credit criteria?

bump

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

A year and a half credit history is going to be too thin for any of Amex's revolving credit products.

You'll need at least mid to high 700's and a fairly clean history for 3-5 years.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed, my dad has taught me much, and with recent events as you read, my friend has the card. I asked her she said she had the Platinum Delta for maybe 4 months then they just invited her to upgrade....right before the CC laws went into effect, but would NOT waive the fees. I think its like the Platinum Charge, only they actually give you a stated CL she has 24K.....dont know her FICOs though, But i doubt she does either lol
Message 4 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I don't agree with previous poster with 1.5 years being to short and mid to high 700 being needed... In the past Delta was the backdoor into Amex with mid 600's and amex does not weigh any of there cards within the product line, gold, plat, reserve harder to get then others, they want the annual fee and if your willing to pay the 450 vs 150, they are going to give it to you if you qualify. but if your worried about your credit I would start with Zync or Gold charge, wait 3-6 months then add a credit card with amex later

Message 5 of 7
GST2008
Frequent Contributor

I agree with Creditaddict.  If you qualify for a Green card, then you qualify for the Gold and Platinum.  Dito for the Gold, Platinum, and Reserve Delta.  You are paying for the extra benefits.  I would be more concerned about whether the extra benefits offset the additional annual fee.  I have had the Gold card for a couple years.  Within a month of opening it, I started receiving invitations to upgrade to the Platinum.  I don't spend enough or travel enough to make the additional $350.00 fee worth it.

Current:
TU (5/14/14): 796 (Inquiries; 8/23/13)
EQ (3/23/14): 791 (Inquiries: 8/23/13)
EX (9/24/13): 780 (Inquiries: 7/2/12; 11/20/12; 7/30/13; 8/23/13)

Goals: No new inquiries for 2014, 800 for all CRs by 12/31/14
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ditto, I never mentioned anythng about scoring, with the charge card and rid. fee cards, AMEX hands those things out more then Citibanks Platinum! Amex FAKOs needed for a charge or charge-like i.e. Delta is probably a FAKO EX 670+ internal llimit will probably be 500 lol

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.