Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delta SkyMiles

tag
theBeardedNerd
Regular Contributor

Delta SkyMiles

I have a quick question for those with an AMEX Card. I was approved for a Delta SkyMiles Card in Nov. I did a pc last week. How long do I or should I wait to reapply for aother Delta SkyMiles Card? Does Amex have any restrictions with reapplying?

Currently in My Wallet:

Auto Loan:

Future Credit Cards:

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Delta SkyMiles

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a quick question for those with an AMEX Card. I was approved for a Delta SkyMiles Card in Nov. I did a pc last week. How long do I or should I wait to reapply for aother Delta SkyMiles Card? Does Amex have any restrictions with reapplying?

You can apply anytime you like - you just will not receive the bonus if you've had a cc within the past 12 mos

Message 2 of 6
OptimalCS
Frequent Contributor

Correct

"Wisdom is the principal thing..."
Message 3 of 6
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

There are no rules that say you can't have a personal and a business version at the same time. I understand you PD'c the personal and agree that means no new personal Delta card for at least 12 months (13 to be safe) but a business version is fair game. 

I am not advocating lying to get the business version, just pointing out that to qualify you don't need a full fledged business with employees and all of that other stuff. Perhaps you sell stuff on eBay or Esty? Go to markets and sell crafts or other stuff? Do side jobs at home? It can be a "concept" and a new business and you can use your SSN for the application - just be ready to explain what you do an be honest about your low sales figures. It's another HP but if you are in well with AMEX it's a distinct possibility to get a business version. 

Message 4 of 6
theBeardedNerd
Regular Contributor

@scenery_guy wrote:

There are no rules that say you can't have a personal and a business version at the same time. I understand you PD'c the personal and agree that means no new personal Delta card for at least 12 months (13 to be safe) but a business version is fair game. 

I am not advocating lying to get the business version, just pointing out that to qualify you don't need a full fledged business with employees and all of that other stuff. Perhaps you sell stuff on eBay or Esty? Go to markets and sell crafts or other stuff? Do side jobs at home? It can be a "concept" and a new business and you can use your SSN for the application - just be ready to explain what you do an be honest about your low sales figures. It's another HP but if you are in well with AMEX it's a distinct possibility to get a business version. 

I wouldn't have to lie, because I own a Personal Training Business. So I will apply for a business version. Is the criteria the same as the personal card? 

I only have have to wait to reapply for a personal card, if I want the bonus miles, correct?

Currently in My Wallet:

Auto Loan:

Future Credit Cards:

Message 5 of 6
Blackrv7
Frequent Contributor

I have both a business gold and personal Delta SkyMiles.  I used a promotional code when I applied for the business card and received 50K points with $2K spending in the first 3 months.  The points are transferable.  When you apply for the business card they ask you about your business and gross yearly receipts.  I own a CPA practice and just checked my pre approval amount on the website, it was approved for much more than my firms yearly gross receipts divided by 12.  I realize the approval amount can change based on spending but I am yet to hit the limit.

I applied for the business card first then the skymiles card, both on the same day...actually within minutes of each other,  and received the bonus on both cards......30K on the personal, 50K on the business.

Love the card for business!!

Current myFico EX 734, EQ 777, TU 742
AAoA 6 years 3 months, Length 25 years 2 months

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.