Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delta Skymiles Gold Approved!

tag
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Re: Delta Skymiles Gold Approved!

Personally, I'm hoping they use more of my internal score from my Zync history, than my EX score as I'm in between 650-690 on EQ/TU

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 21 of 26
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

@mlearma wrote:

I hear people talking about the 61 day rule for 3x CLI.  That was not the case for me.  I was approved in August with a credit line of $5500.  I requested the increase and got a letter in the mail saying I was too new to American Express, that I have too much utilization (21% overall) and that I need to wait six months to request again.  I made a large purchase last month and already paid it off (on their card).  I was confused by this.  My minimum payment is $49, and I paid $1100 last month.

Also, my scores are all in the 700's and I was only expecting a pull by Experian when I applied.  Needless to say, they pulled all three.  As for the CLI request, no hard pull...they mentioned in their letter a review of a report dated more than a month previous. 

$5500 is fine for an initial limit, so I'm not really that upset.  I wondered how they could triple that with only 60 days of history. 

From everything Ive read on this site it seems AMEX really hates you carrying balances.  They like you to PIF every month even if the card is a revolver and not a charge card (my guess is their charge card mentality has been carried over to their revolvers).   Also, you have a decient limit to start 5.5k and triple that would be 16.5k...what is your highest CL card other than the Delta card?  Lastly, you need to check when they last soft pulled you prior to asking for CLI if you had anything in your CR that has recently change.

When I apply for mine I plan on having Zero reported balance on Delta card (I will PIF prior to statement cut date) and my overall UTIL will be 2% with only one card reporting a balance (well I'll have two but one of those is a charge card).  Since my UTIL was inflated when they last SP'd me I'll wait till the next time I see a SP from AMEX then ask for CLI.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 22 of 26
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

Did you get the companion certificate?

That is a perk that very few people mention...so I wonder if many are actually using it. We use ours every year, and it's my favorite perk...in addition to the miles we are racking up.

Congratulations...my CL line has risen from my initial 2k to 14,200 in a couple of years. I think I asked for an increase early on, but AmEx has given me the rest without request. I sometimes let a balance post, but I never carry a balance.

Message 23 of 26
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

@Jazzzy wrote:

Did you get the companion certificate?

That is a perk that very few people mention...so I wonder if many are actually using it. We use ours every year, and it's my favorite perk...in addition to the miles we are racking up.

Congratulations...my CL line has risen from my initial 2k to 14,200 in a couple of years. I think I asked for an increase early on, but AmEx has given me the rest without request. I sometimes let a balance post, but I never carry a balance.

Honestly, I'm not sure I recall seeing that as an added perk; though, we do use the fiance's each year that comes w/ her plat skymiles card.

Message 24 of 26
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Isnt the companion ticket on for Plat and Reserve versions of the card?

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 25 of 26
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

@Duncanrr wrote:

Isnt the companion ticket on for Plat and Reserve versions of the card?

I think she was talking about the$99 pass vs the free flight, though I may be mistaken.

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.