cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delta Skymiles Option Credit Card from Amex!!! Is it New???

tag
wollepopolle
Established Contributor

Re: Delta Skymiles Option Credit Card from Amex!!! Is it New???

@Ron1 wrote:

I haven't flied Delta since 80s. 

Ron.

flown.... Smiley Very Happy

I wished it would include the free bag option. Then I'd apply for it in a heartbeat. I don't need the lounge option or any frills but the free bag would be awesome.

Also, you can only do pay with miles from Gold upwards. These two lower-end Delta cards aren't really useful for me even though I do fly Delta mostly. 

Message 11 of 17
redwalker2929
Regular Contributor

This looks like a horrible reward card!!!!  Your only real benefit is the 20% off in flight purchases. 

Message 12 of 17
JMN
Frequent Contributor

I saw that several years ago. Not entirely new. Just not all that advertised.

Despite my employment in the banking industry, any and all views contained in this post are purely my own, and do not represent any financial institution, nor constitute as financial or investment guidance or advise.
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the Delta Gold card in order to get the 45,000 mile sign-up bonus miles that were being offered at the time but had no intention of paying the annual fee after the first year. I didn't want to lose the credit line, so when I called Amex to say I didn't want to pay the annual fee, I asked for the credit line to be rolled into my Blue Sky credit line. That's when she told me about the Options card, so I chose to get that. It's pretty much worthless (although I did get 60 cents off my $3 snack purchase onboard recently), but I'll use it a couple times a year for small purchases so I won't have to worry about expiring miles. I don't think I'll miss the free checked bag perk too much - I've already found that airlines are offering to check your bag for free at the gate because of insufficient bin space.
Message 14 of 17
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

----->  although I did get 60 cents off my $3 snack purchase onboard recently

Lol.   And if you had washed it down with a $7 glass of wine you could have saved another buck foty !

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know, it's nothing, but I didn't know the discount applied to the free card, so it was an unexpected plus on a free card.
Message 16 of 17
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

I hear ya, I would take advantage if I had the card too. 

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.