Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delta gold targeted offer 75k miles, 2k+1k spending in 3+3 months

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Delta gold targeted offer 75k miles, 2k+1k spending in 3+3 months

Very tempting, first year 95AF waived. 75k miles is close to 1100 USD.

Now, I already have 4 credit card in last 12 month, an amex ED last march, and amex gold last December, does amex have any rule that will result in a denial for me?

and btw, what kind of damage will it have if i were to downgrade it to blue a year later?

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Priory_Man
Valued Contributor

Re: Delta gold targeted offer 75k miles, 2k+1k spending in 3+3 months

I can't comment on the downgrade, but I would say you have a great shot at getting the card, and that is a great SUB, wish I was eligible.

"Total revolving credit $286,000 Current UTIL >1%"
Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!

You can find "targeted link" here and see if you are targeted https://www.uscreditcardguide.com/amex-gold-delta-skymiles-credit-card/

My offer expires on Feb 20th, I may wait a couple weeks since I am working on amex gold SUB right now.

Message 3 of 17
Priory_Man
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the link, however I PC'd my gold up (after hitting that sub) to Reserve a few years ago so I am not eligible.

75K miles is a fantastic start to anyone's skymile account.

"Total revolving credit $286,000 Current UTIL >1%"
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

You shouldn’t expect any damage to downgrade after a year. 

Message 5 of 17
scarfa21
Frequent Contributor

Thanksfor the link, I have the blue card now, I apped for the gold with the sub, and was approved, it didnt say i couldent get the points or anything, does this seems right a blue delta card, and now a gold and it will give me the points after the 1k spend?

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@scarfa21 wrote:

Thanksfor the link, I have the blue card now, I apped for the gold with the sub, and was approved, it didnt say i couldent get the points or anything, does this seems right a blue delta card, and now a gold and it will give me the points after the 1k spend?

You should be fine. Amex has one SUB per life time, blue and gold are two different products, you should get bonus for gold since you never had gold.

Not to mention, according to the website, this offer doesn't even have one per lifetime statement, which means you may be able to cancel or downgrade it a year later, then get SUB when you apply again down the road (not sure how that impact your relationship with amex, I don't think I will be churning like that, but somebody may do that).

Message 7 of 17
scarfa21
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@scarfa21 wrote:

You should be fine. Amex has one SUB per life time, blue and gold are two different products, you should get bonus for gold since you never had gold.

Not to mention, according to the website, this offer doesn't even have one per lifetime statement, which means you may be able to cancel or downgrade it a year later, then get SUB when you apply again down the road (not sure how that impact your relationship with amex, I don't think I will be churning like that, but somebody may do that).

Thank you! I wonder if i can combine the points from the blue as i have 15k points on my blue, seems like i should as my skymiles numbers is the same.

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I bet so. I never had delta skymile card before, so I see if any1 else knows the detail.

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

i got this same mailer  a few days ago

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.