Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delta vs. PRG

tag
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

Delta vs. PRG

So I got my delta Amex in April (thanks Amex) and have switched it to my primary card since my discover double cash back promotion ended in June. Loving it so far but I feel like I could be earning more rewards Smiley Happy

I have done some research and think the PRG might be a better fit for me. I pretty much only fly delta and those MR points will be transferable (so 3 miles per dollar spent with delta?). I also eat out a little more than I should so think those extra bonus miles will help.

Thinking about potentially applying when there is a nice offer for the PRG or at least closer to when my annual fee for the delta is due. And then potentially closing out the delta. I just started flying a bunch and think I should be able to get silver medallion status every year, thus getting a free checked back and zone 1 check in.

Any thoughts about my plan?

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Experian 835 Transunion 828-- August 2018
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Delta vs. PRG

Do you just plan on closing and reopening every time your annual fee comes up?
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

That sounds like a good plan. I also got the Delta in April, and thought about going for the PRG as it would have been only 1 inquiry as well. If you can get Delta status and can get the free checked bag/priority boarding that way, then I say go for it. The Delta card is my primary as well now, but I didn't go for the PRG because 1) I wasn't really interested in a charge card and 2) I didn't think my spending would justify the $195 annual fee. But any way you slice it, you'd be getting an extra mile per every dollar spent with Delta!

Message 3 of 4
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Doesn't sound bad for what your use would be. I say if it makes sense, go for it when the time comes.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.