Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denial questions.

tag
colindidit
Established Contributor

Denial questions.

Typically how long after a denial do you have to call and try to reverse a decision
Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Re: Denial questions.

I think the HP is usually good for 30 days. Not too sure on that though.

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 2 of 5
wallyworld123
Frequent Contributor

yes 30 days is correct

Message 3 of 5
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@wallyworld123 wrote:

yes 30 days is correct

Err...  not so fast.   This depends on the lender.   Some lenders are notoriously more friendly to reconsideration than others.  Some are definately UNFRIENDLY.   Smiley Very Happy

to the Original Poster.   Which card were you denied for?    Without this information, there is no way to accurately tell you what that lenders typical recon policy is.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 4 of 5
colindidit
Established Contributor

Well the citi was more recently and a discover about sometime in September I believe I'd have to check my credit report. I'm kind of iffy on calling anymore in fear of getting more HPs as I just barely squeaked a new chase card after doing a recon yesterday afternoon
Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.