cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied Amazon CLI via the #800 being passed around - find that my TU FICO is 698

tag
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Denied Amazon CLI via the #800 being passed around - find that my TU FICO is 698

I have about 1% util, so I really didn't care much that I was denied, but concerned none-the-less as to why.

Well, the letter arrived today, and had it's standard lines of negatives.  Util to high, serious delinquency, etc etc etc.

But then I get down to the bottom and since 2/21, my score posted a 698 on a scale of 300-850

Heck ya, I'll take that all day long!

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
teddybearkelli1
Contributor

Re: Denied Amazon CLI via the #800 being passed around - find that my TU FICO is 698

Don't feel bad, I've had my account for 2 years with them with no increase (and they are one of my lower limits at 3k). I applied for an increase last week - denied (after being approved for another Chase at 6k). Got the letter today, my score is 763 no negatives ever and less than 10% utilization.

FICO scores: 790 (EQ) 786 (EX) 796 (TU) |
My Wallet:NFCU CR Visa 24k, AMEX Delta Gd 18k, Walmart Discvr 12k, USAA Plat RA MC 13k, BECU Visa 13k, NFCU NR MC 10k, Sams Discvr 10k, Sportsmans Visa 11.5k, WF Plat Visa 10k, Paypal Extra MC 10k, BofA Fraternity MC 14k, Sams Credit 10k, USAA World MC 9k, Military Star 8.2k |BOA CR 8k |AMEX Evrdy 8k |Lowes 7.3k | Chase Military Star MC 16k, JCPenneys MC 7k, Discover IT 5k , Gymboree Visa 4.5k, Sears MC 4k, TJX MC 3.5k, ToysRUS MC 5k, Chase Amazon Visa 3k, Home Depot 3k, Citibank Simplicity 6.5k, Fred Meyers Visa 2.5k, Target 2k, Kohls 2k, ITunes Visa 5k, Macys 2k, Vystar CU Visa 5k
Message 2 of 4
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

Re: Denied Amazon CLI via the #800 being passed around - find that my TU FICO is 698

@teddybearkelli1 wrote:

Don't feel bad, I've had my account for 2 years with them with no increase (and they are one of my lower limits at 3k). I applied for an increase last week - denied (after being approved for another Chase at 6k). Got the letter today, my score is 763 no negatives ever and less than 10% utilization.

I'm in about the same boat with my Chase Amazon. Three years, no baddies, CL hasn't budged. No auto-CLIs ever. Won't even consider a customer-initiated CLI without a hard pull.

Everybody keeps talking about what a wonderful company Chase is. Wonderful like Ebenezer Scrooge, IMHO.

So many people also keep talking about how Chase gives them approvals with nice CLs on other cards even while refusing to budge on the Amazon. I've been thinking about trying for a Freedom and just giving up on the Chase Amazon. But you know, I really want that 3% on Amazon purchases; that's the whole reason for having the card.

This is a real brain-banger.

Message 3 of 4
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

Oh, and Repo-ed, nice job on the score.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.