Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied Boa cli... A fyi

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Denied Boa cli... A fyi

Just got my letter from boa for my cli denial I tried for last week.
Reason given was sufficient credit already given for my salary and no investments or other accounts with boa.
Between 2 cards with them I have 27800 in credit and make 56000 a year. Thought I would put the info out there just in case there thinking of asking for a cli.
Boa definitely has a limit of what they're willing to give out.
Probably won't be able to get another cli till I get my dti down a bit.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
NRB525
Super Contributor

Re: Denied Boa cli... A fyi

Thanks for the datapoint. All lenders have an internal limit of what they are willing to extend to each individual. The Reasons Codes are something they are required to give to you, although the specific text of the Reason Code may or may not align with the real reason you reached the limit. 

$20k on a single card is a nice limit. 

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 2 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Sorry Thor, yeah i ran into that on my 3rd attempt and no go on a second BBR. my future looks bleak with my income lol, but its ok, i swueezed 10k out of them and thats good enoughSmiley Wink
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your probably correct. But the reasons seemed reasonable for my situation. I new ide hit a wall sooner or later. My credit lines are good with them and have no complaints.
Just figured I would try to get my rewards card to 10000 or more. Which is my goal to get all my bank cards to 10000 or more. Still a happy camper with boa they have been more than generous.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I here that Aj, I think we both have more credit then we need but it sure is fun trying to get more.
Just think all we have to do is triple are income to get them to open up those purse strings. Easy peasy, will have to work on that. Hahaha
Message 5 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, id go to Disney World with3x income hahaSmiley Wink.

Seriously though, i dont think we should write them off yet. Just give it some time. Build up a little more history. Its possible as yoyr other cards grow, they see that and want to be invited to the party. Smiley Wink My plan is to try and eventually pay off all my bts on my BBR and by that time i should have a good 2 years in with them , maybe ill go for a cli then. I do know another 6 months im gonna call and try to get another apr redux. Super friendly when i called so there is thatSmiley Happy
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like a good plan to me also,think I'll do the same. It'll take awhile to get my bt payed off but it's definitely a plan.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.