Established Member

Re: Denied CC from Capital One with a FICO over 800

Are you guys kidding me? Smiley Surprised

AMAZING!!

Message 31 of 33
kimg727
Established Member

Another thing...what's funny is they have on their website that this prestige card is only for people with excellent credit (I think the FICO needed to be over 760, if I am not mistaken).

So if they don't want people with "excellent" (as they state) to apply, WHAT IS THE POINT in advertising it as such?

I just don't get it...

I'm curious if they send me the card now.

Message Edited by kimg727 on 12-29-2008 07:56 PM
Message 32 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One has to find some way to keep their employees working so Fairbanks can go out and play ice hockey. I'm being totally serious about that; there's no sarcasm in that statement as I have played against him in Fairfax, VA. Fairbanks goes out and buys the pro line equipment that the Washington Capitals utilize, and it ain't cheap, so he's got to make money off of someone. When I was reviewing my three CRs due to my TU problems, Capital One requested my CRs quite a bit the past in the past year (such as, I don't know, about thirty times in twelve months), so someone in McLean, VA was using my CRs to log in some man hours and get paid.

After getting the majority of mistakes off my TU credit report (which were two delinquent loans, five unsecured loans, seven credit card accounts, three job occupations and two incorrect addresses from a different individual that had the same name as me), my TU FICO score jumped from 712 to 760. Even with that, Capital One would probably refuse me because they probably wouldn't be able to offer me a better APR or CL than what I currently have. Capital One is the new MBNA and you are way better staying away from Capital One.  

Message 33 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.