Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied Capital One SECURED= Speechless!

tag
FixMyCredit1992
Established Contributor

Denied Capital One SECURED= Speechless!

I had some unexpected car repair bills come up, so the plan of paying down my balances faster is ruined. I can still pay my CC bills of course, just not 3-4 times the min due.

Since my CR is now free of badies, I thought I could get a capital one secured, and only end up paying 49 or 99 dollars for a 200 dollar credit line, which is basically like paying down 200 dollars of my CC's for half price or less as it would increase my UTL by 200, and I probably wouldn't use the card anyway.

Well I submitted that app, and got the 5-10 days message, which I read online usually means declined.

I don't get it, people have gotten approved for them with CS's' in the low 500's, BK's, CO's, etc. My scores are closer to 600 and free of baddies. 

Looks like I might be in the garden the rest of the year, I'm going to give them a call in the AM and see what's up, Wish me luck.

If I find out I'm declined, I'm gonna probably spend all year gardening, or wait until my scores go over 660, which ever comes first.

Farm and Fleet $3,000 (AU) Paypal Extras MC $1,500
Barclay's Apple Visa $1,200 QVC Qcard $800
Amazon Store Card $600 Discover $500
Walmart MC $400 Victoria's Secret $350
Credit One $300 Fingerhut $200
TU Fico 626

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
Bunnylocks
New Contributor

Re: Denied Capital One SECURED= Speechless!

Good luck! Let us know how it works out.

Message 2 of 27
Vegas247
Established Contributor

Good Luck!

$600 Barclaycard® Rewards MasterCard® - Average Credit $6500 Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express $30k credit card16k Chase Freedom® - $200 Bonus12k VSiggy
Message 3 of 27
Lechte
Frequent Contributor

@FixMyCredit1992 wrote:

I had some unexpected car repair bills come up, so the plan of paying down my balances faster is ruined. I can still pay my CC bills of course, just not 3-4 times the min due.

Since my CR is now free of badies, I thought I could get a capital one secured, and only end up paying 49 or 99 dollars for a 200 dollar credit line, which is basically like paying down 200 dollars of my CC's for half price or less as it would increase my UTL by 200, and I probably wouldn't use the card anyway.

Well I submitted that app, and got the 5-10 days message, which I read online usually means declined.

I don't get it, people have gotten approved for them with CS's' in the low 500's, BK's, CO's, etc. My scores are closer to 600 and free of baddies. 

Looks like I might be in the garden the rest of the year, I'm going to give them a call in the AM and see what's up, Wish me luck.

If I find out I'm declined, I'm gonna probably spend all year gardening, or wait until my scores go over 660, which ever comes first.

Sorry to hear that.   If you don't mind me askin...how many INQ's do you have?   

(EX08 - 654) --- (TU08 - 643) --- (EQ08 - 667) --- (EQ04 - 676)

Message 4 of 27
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Could it be that you have been too busy apping in the past few months? How many new accounts and how many inq in the past 6 months? And in the past 12 months?

Message 5 of 27
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@lg8302ch wrote:

Could it be that you have been too busy apping in the past few months? How many new accounts and how many inq in the past 6 months? And in the past 12 months?

I think all questions can be answered in this thread from a few days ago:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/In-the-mean-time/td-p/2978904

Message 6 of 27
Crisis
Established Contributor

@FixMyCredit1992 wrote:

I'm sorry to hear, but I'm not wishing you luck.  I hope you truly do spend the year gardening, as I think it would do you some good.  On that, I do wish you luck.

In the garden until debt is paid off and scores are up!
Message 7 of 27
Lechte
Frequent Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

Lexie....I was lookin for a specific number.

(EX08 - 654) --- (TU08 - 643) --- (EQ08 - 667) --- (EQ04 - 676)

Message 8 of 27
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Lechte wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

Lexie....I was lookin for a specific number.

I believe it has been asked before but cant recall a specific number. Besides the three in the siggy, I recall the Duck card which was closed with everyone else's.  

Hopefully, OP will post back with his stats. 

Message 9 of 27
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Hopefully its an approval I had very limited credit history and was approved for the sony visa hopefully they give you the pass. Keep us posted!

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.