Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied Care Credit & Amazon store card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Denied Care Credit & Amazon store card

I hate the waiting to find out why..the Amazon backdoor (GE), was of no help..just said I'd get a letter in 7-10 days why. Although he did say that sometimes new loans could deny it (but our refinances wouldn't show THAT quick, would they??) I forgot to ask what credit report they pulled. Care credit was also a no-go, too. Haven't had time to call the care credit # yet to find out why.

Discover pulled EQ, as did USAA (twice - one for refinance x 2 and the usaa visa). Walmart, Discover and USAA were approved yesterday, Care credit and Amazon store card weren't. Kinda miffs me off, haha. I was wanting a 5 for 5!!! Hubby was 2 for 2 - Walmart and Chase Freedom, so he's happy.

On a side note, added 3 inq's to my EQ report, and it only dropped 2 points Smiley Happy Got the FICO scorewatch today. I imagine it'll tank though, once the new accounts report Smiley Sad I'm thinking maybe Amazon and Care Credit pulled EQ, and those new inquiries scared them off..

Do I still have any hope of getting the two I was denied for? I could actually use care credit, as my teeth are total crap (break when I eat toast, not kidding.), and I spend a fair amount of money and time at the dentist office.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

Re: Denied Care Credit & Amazon store card

I use the Care Credit one as well and they always give me financing options with 0% interest.

I haven't called BK as the approval was instantaneous and we raised the CL from 3k to 5.5k over the automated phone system with SP.

Your scores are right and I don't know of baddies but if you can get the recon in and get the card, it will serve you very well.

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Last baddies were Roomstore & Helzberg CO from 2009 (tough pregnancy kicked my butt, and we couldn't keep everything on a police officer's salary!), but they've both been paid.

I can do without Amazon..still don't know why I apped for that one..probably riding the high of my USAA and Discover cards Smiley Happy I do want that Care Credit, though..

Message 3 of 4
2ndTimeAround2012
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:

I hate the waiting to find out why..the Amazon backdoor (GE), was of no help..just said I'd get a letter in 7-10 days why. Although he did say that sometimes new loans could deny it (but our refinances wouldn't show THAT quick, would they??) I forgot to ask what credit report they pulled. Care credit was also a no-go, too. Haven't had time to call the care credit # yet to find out why.

Discover pulled EQ, as did USAA (twice - one for refinance x 2 and the usaa visa). Walmart, Discover and USAA were approved yesterday, Care credit and Amazon store card weren't. Kinda miffs me off, haha. I was wanting a 5 for 5!!! Hubby was 2 for 2 - Walmart and Chase Freedom, so he's happy.

On a side note, added 3 inq's to my EQ report, and it only dropped 2 points Smiley Happy Got the FICO scorewatch today. I imagine it'll tank though, once the new accounts report Smiley Sad I'm thinking maybe Amazon and Care Credit pulled EQ, and those new inquiries scared them off..

Do I still have any hope of getting the two I was denied for? I could actually use care credit, as my teeth are total crap (break when I eat toast, not kidding.), and I spend a fair amount of money and time at the dentist office.

GE usually pulls TU.

I also applied for the amazon and I'm still waiting to hear back from them.

On the bright side: About 2 week ago I applied for a Lowe's also from GE and was given the same message.

But today I got an alert from the scorewatch that my new account from Lowe's was reporting Smiley Happy

Ugh, I know that feeling. I applied for the Lowe's after I got approved for Walmart, JCP and Gap thinking it was going

to be an instant approval.

We just got to wait and see. Meanwhile hope for the best.

Rebuilding Mode!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.