cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied Chase Amazon Visa

tag
Ronster149

Denied Chase Amazon Visa

I applied for the Amazon/Chase Visa Rewards card and got denied. My TU is 725,Exp 746 and Equifax is 688. I found out some time ago that my secured card with Applied Bank is only reporting to TU and Exp. for the past 2 years since I've had the card. So I have a solid history with 100% paids and no negatives whatsoever on any of my reports. I received a letter from Chase stating that I was denied because I have no credit history with Equifax. What am I supposed to do, get another secure card that reports to Equifax and pay it off for a few years just to finally be able to get an unsecured card? I've put a lot of effort in in the past few years just to get my scores up and a solid history. This really bums me out...

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Denied Chase Amazon Visa

Moved to Credit Cards

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 21
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Since you already took the hard pull you can call for reconsideration but Chase is big on 1 year history so it may be difficult.
Message 3 of 21
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

I would suggest going for a unsecured card that would pull the other bureaus. Im not sure who pulls what besides chase and discover were eq for me. I think barclays does tu?
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 4 of 21
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

I would call Chase recon and ask them to pull either EX or TU.

Message 5 of 21
lobsterfordinner
Established Member

@Ronster149 wrote:

I applied for the Amazon/Chase Visa Rewards card and got denied. My TU is 725,Exp 746 and Equifax is 688. I found out some time ago that my secured card with Applied Bank is only reporting to TU and Exp. for the past 2 years since I've had the card. So I have a solid history with 100% paids and no negatives whatsoever on any of my reports. I received a letter from Chase stating that I was denied because I have no credit history with Equifax. What am I supposed to do, get another secure card that reports to Equifax and pay it off for a few years just to finally be able to get an unsecured card? I've put a lot of effort in in the past few years just to get my scores up and a solid history. This really bums me out...

I got denied fot this card with 3 months of credit history (1st card being Barclays' Arrival) but later approved with recon. Try to recon definitely there's nothing you can lose but just be polite to that guy on the phone.

Currently a grad student, and in my wallet there exists my only 4 credit cards: Barclay Arrival+ 56k / Chase Sapphire Pref 68.2k / Citi Prestige 45k / Merrill Accolades 175k ; my student id card and a couple two-dollar bills.
Message 6 of 21
mikelo22
Established Contributor

Like others said, call for a recon. Otherwise, apply from a lender that pulls from a different bureau. I was thinking Barclay pulled TU and Amex pulled Experian. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mikelo22 wrote:

Like others said, call for a recon. Otherwise, apply from a lender that pulls from a different bureau. I was thinking Barclay pulled TU and Amex pulled Experian. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

That's what each pulled for me, so I think you're right.

Message 8 of 21
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

One thing that's bothering me now that re-read your post. If your EQ has no credit history, how did you get a credit score to being with?

Message 9 of 21
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

One thing that's bothering me now that re-read your post. If your EQ has no credit history, how did you get a credit score to being with?

When is last time  you checked your EQ report?  What is on there?  I would pull my EQ report first and then call Chase recon. Like this you know what Chase is seeing. For many of us it is a nightmare when Chase constantly double pulls but in your case it could have been  helpful Smiley Happy 

If recon is not  successfull you might consider to app for Sallie Mae..Barclays will pull TU. ..it gives you better rewards on Amazon anyhow. Good luck!

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.