Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied Discover Card

tag
Bella1980
Established Contributor

Re: Denied Discover Card

yeah try a recon one more time...you have nothing to lose as they already pulled your reports.

I had a baddie on one report and explained the situation to them and they seemed to have listened because I got the card.

I think it also helped that my utility is at 5% and so I'm not just looking to run up a bunch of credit. 

I would try one more time....the lady I talked to straight up said to me that she doubted I would get approved but I did!!

Starting Score: TU- 682, EQ- 698, EX- 713
Current Score: TU- 723, EQ- 747, EX- 737
Goal Score: 760 PLUS FICO's

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 11 of 22
Guardian
Valued Contributor

I recently applied with them and they denied me saying that Experian shows delinquent accounts. I pulled my reports and disputed them since they are inaccurate. Some student loans that were in deferment until consolidated but sallie mae shows 3 of the 11 items as being 90 day late in 1999, 2000 and 2001 respectively for the three items.

I called the backdoor number and the lady pulled my Experian AGAIN, pulled a Trans Union AND my Equifax, talk about overkill and she said it all looks good and will transfer me to the application department to complete it and will explain to them all is well. The person gets on the phone and says that unless they can see it clean it doesn't matter and they won't issue credit.

Such crap. And two days AFTER I talked to them and they told me SOL, I get an Equifax alert that they pulled ANOTHER hard pull on my TU, what the hell?

Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800

Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's crazy, Guardian. They refused to pull my other two reports. I don't have that collection on them and the inaccurate lates from 2007 aren't there, either. However, my 12 year old credit card with perfect history is only reporting on EX but not on TU and EQ.

I just can't win!

Message 13 of 22
Guardian
Valued Contributor

No kidding. I told her that you just pulled 3 hard pulls on me in addition to the one you already pulled and you still gonna tell me that despite the fact that the other two you just pulled are perfect and the experian one is an OBVIOUS error which has been disputed and is being investigated you gonna tell me no? She said, yeah until I can pull it direct on my system, it doesn't count and we use the other ones for comparison not to make a decision. I told her then what the hell was the point of lower my score pulling them if you are not going to use them, I didn't authorize you do that. She said sorry and nothing can be done about that. Then two days later I get an alert that they pulled ANOTHER one on my TU. So a total of 5 hard pulls in 1 week by them and still nothing. I am so livid with them but what the hell can I do? She had the nerve to tell me to wait a month or two until the errors are fixed and then apply again. I told her, why so you can pull another 4 reports and then tell me my score is too low now? Your loss.

Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800

Message 14 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Disputed AFNI - I guess Experian agreed with me as well; they deleted. I pulled TC reports and the deletion hasn't shown up there yet. Maybe tomorrow! Last collection on that report, maybe I'll see a little boost in my score.
Message 15 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got 11 FAKO Points!
Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks Cheddar. I agree and thought that the accounts were updated recently but in reality, the loan is showing late payments 4+ years after the last payment. There were no late payments in November 2007 and the bank said to dispute them because they show no record of that.

+23 more FAKO points because the 2 late payments from 2007 or no longer on now!!

I started at 675 FAKO EX points Oct 20 - Now I am at 707!

Message 17 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know how you can resist not pulling your real score. You have some willpower. Congrats on getting that removed!
Message 18 of 22
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

1) Know what is on your credit report before you apply for credit! You should never hear from a CSR anything you don't already know.

2) Discover is not the toughest outfit, but they are not pushovers. They do require an almost spotlest CBR and a score of around 690+.

Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's baaaaaack. My auto insurance ran my credit report and found that the loan mentioned above (where I had the two lates removed) now shows a charge-off and/or late in October 2007. This thing was charged off back in 2003/2004!

I can no longer dispute through Experian because they say the creditor verified. So now I go back to the creditor...

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.