Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied: State Farm CC

tag
dblue1
Valued Member

Denied: State Farm CC

I applied for the Good Neighbor Visa on the Dec. 27th. I called today to check on the app status and was told I was denied because my score was too low among othe. r things.  The rep said they are looking for scores at least in the 700s.  She quoted my score as 663. I told her my Fico was 682 the last I checked 12/27.The denial letter arrived in the mail today confirming. The reasons are:

SERIOUS DELINQUENCY

LENGTH OF TIME ACCOUNTS HAVE BEEN ESTABLISHED

TIME SINCE DELINQUENCY IS TOO RECENT OR UNKNOWN

TIME SINCE DEROGATORY PUBLIC RECORD OR COLLECTION IS TOO SHORT

The 663 score is out of a range of 221-950 and corresponds with TU.

I have two COs reporting on TU. One is reported as settled for less than full amount, both from 2007. I have CA that reports as disputed, the OC TL fell off but CA is still there, was account settled in 2010. (Got response from Midland today on this, doesn't look good). Second CA corresponds with listed CO, started payment plan with Midland in March 2011 to settle this account in full.

Had I known the starting score was a 700 I wouldn't have app but I know now.

Starting Score: 656
Current Score: 698
Goal Score: 700s

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
dalebb
Valued Contributor

Re: Denied: State Farm CC

we all live and learnSmiley Indifferent

Message 2 of 18
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

I feel your pain.  I have several inquiries based on trial and error.  Keep searching and you will find some good ones to apply for and no more wasted inquiries.Smiley Wink

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Message 3 of 18
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@dblue1 wrote:

I applied for the Good Neighbor Visa on the Dec. 27th. I called today to check on the app status and was told I was denied because my score was too low among othe. r things.  The rep said they are looking for scores at least in the 700s.  She quoted my score as 663. I told her my Fico was 682 the last I checked 12/27.The denial letter arrived in the mail today confirming. The reasons are:

SERIOUS DELINQUENCY

I have two COs reporting on TU. One is reported as settled for less than full amount, both from 2007. I have CA that reports as disputed, the OC TL fell off but CA is still there, was account settled in 2010. (Got response from Midland today on this, doesn't look good). Second CA corresponds with listed CO, started payment plan with Midland in March 2011 to settle this account in full.

Sorry to hear, Garden time!!! Make it a goal to get this card!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 18
the_jan_b
Established Contributor

@dblue1 wrote:

SERIOUS DELINQUENCY

If I am not mistaken, looking at the score range, it doesn't appear to be a FICO score; even though you said it corresponds with your TU.  However, if I am mistaken, I sincerely hope someone corrects me.

Enjoying your freedom? Thank a servicemember and their family!

In the garden since 26 Jun 14...

I am digitaldiva's alter-ego

Message 5 of 18
dblue1
Valued Member

Indeed!

Message 6 of 18
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

@digitaldiva wrote:

@dblue1 wrote:

SERIOUS DELINQUENCY

If I am not mistaken, looking at the score range, it doesn't appear to be a FICO score; even though you said it corresponds with your TU.  However, if I am mistaken, I sincerely hope someone corrects me.

From what I understand, it's a TU NextGen 2003 FICO.  

I just got my letter today...approved for $3K.  

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 7 of 18
dblue1
Valued Member

I wish the companies would just list their requirements, it would make it more logical for those applying but that would be too much like right I suppose.

This was the second wasted inquiry. I applied on Christmas online at my local CU and was denied because my CA was too recent. The rep said she wanted to see me making payments on it for at least a year then to reapply. Well March will make a yr of payments on the CA but I'm not reapplying because then I'd be denied for too many inquiries, lol.  At least they were upfront on their website that you need a score of at least 680 to apply.

Message 8 of 18
dblue1
Valued Member

Consider it done. I applied for the State Farm first then the Apple Barclay and was approved after recon. In hindsight I wish I would've applied for Apple first to save myself the inquiry.

Message 9 of 18
dalebb
Valued Contributor

@dblue1 wrote:

I wish the companies would just list their requirements, it would make it more logical for those applying but that would be too much like right I suppose.

This was the second wasted inquiry. I applied on Christmas online at my local CU and was denied because my CA was too recent. The rep said she wanted to see me making payments on it for at least a year then to reapply. Well March will make a yr of payments on the CA but I'm not reapplying because then I'd be denied for too many inquiries, lol.  At least they were upfront on their website that you need a score of at least 680 to apply.

i agree,, list the requirements on the web page so u can make an informed decision

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.