Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied ..Too many accounts?

tag
MMart078
Regular Contributor

Denied ..Too many accounts?

Has anyone ever been died for having to many accounts? I know you can get denied for having to many accounts with balances, but what about too many accounts overall?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: Denied ..Too many accounts?

i haven't, but i have seen posts on here about people getting denied for too many accounts or for sufficient credit available.
Message 2 of 8
MMart078
Regular Contributor

@laz98 wrote:
i haven't, but i have seen posts on here about people getting denied for too many accounts or for sufficient credit available.

do you know how many accounts cards they had?

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

my mother got denied once for having "sufficient credit available on other Barclays accounts"....she only has one card haha
Message 4 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
my mother got denied once for having "sufficient credit available on other Barclays accounts"....she only has one card haha
Barclays will say that if they won't extend anymore credit to you. My mom got this when asking for CLI on her 20k line

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was denied by Nationwide and the only reason was that I had to many accounts. At the time I had 9 CC's & 5 store cards.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I was denied by Nationwide and the only reason was that I had to many accounts. At the time I had 9 CC's & 5 store cards.

Thanks - that's good to know!

For 800 FICO scores, you'll see experts recommending no more than 10 open accounts (FICO code #28 "Number of Established Accounts"); with no more than 6 bank/national cc accounts (FICO code #4 "Too many bank or national revolving accounts"). 

Nationwide is on my list - so thanks for the info on what they're looking for!

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've never gotten hit by having too many accounts, but I have been slapped up for:

1.  Too many accounts reporting a balance;

2.  Not enough accounts reporting a balance;

3.  Not enough accounts (16); and / or

4.  Sufficient credit available considering balances.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.