Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied Zync.....stupid Dungeon

tag
Mickey11
Regular Contributor

Denied Zync.....stupid Dungeon

I caved, I figure the year was ending my AAoA is 2yrs and I might as well give it a try. I have two paid collections on my Ex....which the denial letter states my Ex FICO is 644, at least that's pretty cool, I thought it was much lower! Should I give the Exec. Recon a call in the AM? :-( I could almost feel the plastic!

Starting Score: TU 660 EQ 623 EX 644
Current Score: TU 670 EQ 683 EX ???
Goal Score: 700 on all 3

Freedom: $3k, CSP: $5k, Chase Disney Premier: $5k, AmEx Zync: NPSL, Cap1 NH: $750, Cap1 Plat: $750, USC CU: $500
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Guava
Established Contributor

Re: Denied Zync.....stupid Dungeon

I would try calling for recon, you already took the hit, might as well, at worst they'd deny you again. You'd still be in the same shape you are in now

Starting Score (08/11/11): TU08: 643
Current Score: TU08: 741
Goal Score: Stay in the 700s; keep reports clean

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 20
learnin113
Established Contributor

@Mickey11 wrote:
I caved, I figure the year was ending my AAoA is 2yrs and I might as well give it a try. I have two paid collections on my Ex....which the denial letter states my Ex FICO is 644, at least that's pretty cool, I thought it was much lower! Should I give the Exec. Recon a call in the AM? :-( I could almost feel the plastic!

Recon!

Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1 Recon

Executive Office # 1-800-297-6197

Best of Luck, keep us updated.

Message 4 of 20
Juan123
Established Contributor

i was denied too, showed my score as 645. reason was student loan debt.... i dont have any >_>

Starting Score: 575 (As Of Early 2011)
Current Score: TU: 767 EQ: 732 EX; 742 (As Of Feb 2012)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Long way to go ^_^
Message 5 of 20
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

-----> I caved, I figure the year was ending my AAoA is 2yrs and I might as well give it a try. I have two paid collections on my Ex....which the denial letter states my Ex FICO is 644, at least that's pretty cool, I thought it was much lower! Should I give the Exec. Recon a call in the AM? :-( I could almost feel the plastic!

Sorry to hear that you were denied.   What reason(s) did AMEX state for deniying, was it the collections ?   Or AAoA ?

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't imagine it being AAoA alone.  I was instantly approved for Zync with about seven months credit history and nothing but a single Capital One Secured Mastercard.  I'd expect that it probably looks worse to have any negative marks with such a short AAoA, though.  

Still, I'd personally give them a call.  Zync shouldn't be that tough to qualify for.  You might have just been unlucky.  Of course, I don't think Amex really likes collections much.

Message 7 of 20
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

I was just approved for green with a rather short AAoA. Look at the other factors and see if there's anything that can be done.
Message 8 of 20
Mickey11
Regular Contributor

I have 2 paid collections on there, I sent out GWs last Monday but I got restless so I app'd, I'll give them a call, I wonder what I should say when I discuss my report with them! Thanks for the encouragement!!!

Freedom: $3k, CSP: $5k, Chase Disney Premier: $5k, AmEx Zync: NPSL, Cap1 NH: $750, Cap1 Plat: $750, USC CU: $500
Message 9 of 20
Mickey11
Regular Contributor

Ok I called! I was so nervous for some reason, stupid AmEx all I want is to become friends with you!

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.