Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied by Barclay

tag
--HighHopes--
Regular Contributor

Re: Denied by Barclay

Well in general if you have an overall age of at least 1 year then that makes it much better, but in my case and several others that I know it was at least one account open for a year or more.  If your oldest account turns 1 in September then I'd give it til October or November before I re-app that way its def reflecting your age on your CR and if I were you I'd do what I done and if you app with Barclay again...go for the Rewards card and then upgrade later to the one you really want.  The rewards is for average credit as opposed to most of their others being for excellent credit and it makes it much easier to get.  Some ppl app for a 2nd card and when denied call recon and move funds over from their rewards card.  I don't have experience with that but i've read a lot who have.  Either way though...you've only got a few more months to hit that 1 year TL mark so WTG!!  You'll be there way before ya know itSmiley Happy

Message 81 of 90
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

Good advice my friend, I am thinking about gardening till January, my second card will hit one year also. I am starting to think I was lucky to get the walmart discover, and I will focus on trying to get a CLI with that
Message 82 of 90
--HighHopes--
Regular Contributor

Yeah the recent app spree I went on caused my AAoA to drop therefore my score dropped a little too:/  I'm in the garden until hopefully July 2015, but def until January anyway.  Go over to the garden club and get your seedling and join us in the garden!  You'll be amazed at the wealth of information and how quickly your score starts climbing back up that ladder while gardening.  But hey...I agree with you...getting the WM Discover card was excellent!  Even I wasn't able to do that...just got a crappy old store card so WTG to you!  Thats Great....Congrats!

Message 83 of 90
Anonymous
Not applicable

I as well was denied for the Barclays Rewards card after I was approved for the Arrival. I recieved the pre selected mailer with code 1 week after Arrival approval and tried my luck tonight "denied". I knew this would be a stretch but I am 3 for 5 on approvals with Quicksilver pending after EO call this morning (I think went well). The past weekend was my first true app spree and no SP/HPs for 6mo. February 2014 was my BK discharge, therefore wanted to kickstart my rebuilding into high gear. My utilization is roughly 22-24%. I am confused on how the Arrival was instantly approved and Rewards denied, maybe just pressed my luck. I did have 10 total inquiries and 7 of those this year mainly from my spree.

Gardening Smiley Wink
9/29/14 EX=692 EQ=686 TU=701 FICO 698
5/3 Platinum {$3500} | Barclays Arrival {$4000} | Discover it {$1500}
Best Buy {$2500} | Goodyear {$1500} | Amazon {$1800} | TJX {$1800}
Sew A Lot {$4500} | Lane Furniture {$3500} | GE Luxury {$4000}

Message 84 of 90
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I as well was denied for the Barclays Rewards card after I was approved for the Arrival. I recieved the pre selected mailer with code 1 week after Arrival approval and tried my luck tonight "denied". I knew this would be a stretch but I am 3 for 5 on approvals with Quicksilver pending after EO call this morning (I think went well). The past weekend was my first true app spree and no SP/HPs for 6mo. February 2014 was my BK discharge, therefore wanted to kickstart my rebuilding inti high gear. My utilization is roughly 22-24%. I am confused on how the Arrival was instantly approved and Rewards denied, maybe just pressed my luck. I did have 10 total inquiries and 7 of those this year mainly from my spree.

I can answer that from my experience hahaha, it's because you have to have good payment history with barclay card, if you were to call barclay EO, there's a good chance that they'll make you choose either arrival or rewards. Smiley LOL

Message 85 of 90
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well if that's the case then Arrival card it will be, hopefully both.

Message 86 of 90
sports1965
Frequent Contributor

Does barclay approve with hight Util?

Got pre selected letter for the barclay rewards 

Message 87 of 90
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Well if that's the case then Arrival card it will be, hopefully both.

Maybe you'll have better luck than I do, or simply better EO rep. Because when I called for second time for recon, she made me choose between one month old rewards card and arrival, I chose arrival, so she closed rewards account and approved arrival card.

Message 88 of 90
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sports1965 wrote:

Does barclay approve with hight Util?

Got pre selected letter for the barclay rewards 

when I applied for the rewards card, my utility was close to 50% and got approved without a pre-approved letter.

Message 89 of 90
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called the backdoor line this morning with Barclay and spoke with a very nice lady. My rewards application was declined for limited history with them, the good thing is no HP on report. She said since my Arrival card was just opened the computer system auto declined so I would not take the hit. She did ask if I still wanted to apply for the Rewards Card but she would I have to do a HP, since this would add another to my app spree (3xHP for Cap 1, 1xHP Discover, 1xHP Barclay) I said no. We spoke a bit more and came to a agreement that building history with them would be the best thing. I am happy with the no HP and the level of customer service from this morning's conversation.

Message 90 of 90
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.