cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied for BOA secured..can I get ANY card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Denied for BOA secured..can I get ANY card?

I was denied for BOA secured. Is there any secured card I am likely to get? EQ 605 TU600 EX ?622 in Jan 

Thanks for suggestions anyone can offer. And I am not a member of any credit union and don't have family to be able to join NFCU!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Denied for BOA secured..can I get ANY card?

If you have no CCs reporting, then try an Orchard secured. Or better yet, try your local CU or small bank to see if they have any deals.
Message 2 of 8
score_building
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I was denied for BOA secured. Is there any secured card I am likely to get? EQ 605 TU600 EX ?622 in Jan 

Thanks for suggestions anyone can offer. And I am not a member of any credit union and don't have family to be able to join NFCU!

NFCU is superlative but not the only excellent cu, why not join one if you want a good card sooner rather than later?  or you could try macy's or a card like that.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 3 of 8
propertyvirgins
Valued Member

personally i am a fan of the applied bank secured card....its very easy to establish...they take a minimum of 200 bucks...in addition my credit score gained about 30 points after my first month and payment..i have been with them about 9 months. I pay my bill online and i get great customer service as well..as of today i have a a 1600.00 dollar card with them.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You might try Capital One they offer a secure card I believe for persons with Limited or Bad history.

Go here----->click  Good luckSmiley Wink

King

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all your responses...I looked up Orchard and Applied Bank- Does anyone know what CRA Orchard pulls from? Applied Bank does no credit check? I don't want an inquiry to lower my score while I'm trying to get to 620!
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Depends on how Orchard feels.  On my secured card, they checked all three when I opened the account.  But while I'm trying to graduate the card, they check only EQ.  I still haven't graduated from my OB secured card with the meager $200 limit.  It was great in rebuilding, but don't expect it to grow as your credit improves.  I've also seen recent posts that OBs secured card will be discontinued.  YMMV
Message 7 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

have you called Bank of America and tried recon. the secured card? I had to call 3 times to get mine approved and now I have graduated and got a CLI. it's worth the fight.

otherwise with 600 scores you could probably get unsecured Orchard Bank and Capital One and Credit One and Macys 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.