cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied for Barclays USAirways

tag
power1234

Re: Approved for Barclays 4k Rejected their offer

Spoke with a supervisor and she was worst then the UW so no help whatsoever with this

She was as well giving me the running around thing and frankly very upsetting when she told me that my income was irrelevant combine with my credit history?

I am like what?

Hey everybody thanks for trying to get me in the right direction with this and me for sure don't want hear about barclays again.Very disappointing

Message 41 of 48
LisaJ
Frequent Contributor

So can we assume that Barclays doesn't often refuse unless they are refused, and then it is no, no, no?

I'm sorry, OP, though I can see from their side of it why it might seem like odd behavior.  Usually they are making people's day by giving them a LOC; in your case, they gave you what to some might be a great LOC, but you turned them down. And that is entirely your right to do so, and you outlined your reasons, though I am concerned that the HPs may have hurt more than the AAoA drop.

Still, I am surprised that they wouldn't give you what they offered initially.  That is decidedly un-Barclayslike...you did explain your earlier reticence, correct?

WOW! EQ when I joined myFICO: 657. Ups and downs and a few bumps and bruises, but finally back over 700. Whew!

Message 42 of 48
power1234

Sure I did and to my surprise I might say from all the members here I heard nothing but good outcome from barclays recon

Message 43 of 48
HiLine
Blogger

@power1234 wrote:

Sure I did and to my surprise I might say from all the members here I heard nothing but good outcome from barclays recon

You must not have heard from me ... My experience with Barclays has been nothing but Smiley Mad

Message 44 of 48
toppers555
Established Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

@power1234 wrote:

You must not have heard from me ... My experience with Barclays has been nothing but Smiley Mad

+1   Barclay has this no problem instant apporving me for app for 500 CL for two cards I have appiled for with themL... but they never will recon  for a high limit ,and closed one. I am pretty much done witth them all togeher.

TU 715 No apps to 05/13 cash+ 5/13!!! 738 TU CSP April 13!!!CSP approved May 13!!!

Message 45 of 48
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Denied for Barclays USAirways

Try calling again and ask to speak to a supervisor, or worst case scenario have the move credit lines from your other Barclays card if you have any?

Sounds like they are giving u the run around
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 46 of 48
LS2982
Mega Contributor

I cant say I fault Barclays on this. You did turn them down on their offer.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 47 of 48
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:
I cant say I fault Barclays on this. You did turn them down on their offer.

+ 1. By requesting a recon you are essentially opening the door for a change of the offer. 

Message 48 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.