cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied for Blispay, but I think they pulled the wrong person's credit...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Denied for Blispay, but I think they pulled the wrong person's credit...

I applied for the Blispay card a while back.  I figured I had about a 50/50 shot of getting it, since I'm rebuilding, scores in the 660's, and lots of inquiries.  So, I wasn't too surprised when I was declined, but I got the letter in the mail yesterday, the reason they stated surprised me - it says I was declined for "Insufficient credit history, or no credit information on file".  That's definitely not me either way...I have plenty of credit history.  Could they have pulled the wrong person's credit?  Their website was definitely glitchy the day I applied.  I just got fresh credit reports from all three credit bureaus, and none of them show an inquiry from Blispay.

When I go on the site, I can't apply again, because when I put in my email address, it tells me I was declined.  Any thoughts?  I'm thinking I should just call them, but not sure it's even worth it at this point?

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

Re: Denied for Blispay, but I think they pulled the wrong person's credit...

@Anonymous wrote:

I applied for the Blispay card a while back.  I figured I had about a 50/50 shot of getting it, since I'm rebuilding, scores in the 660's, and lots of inquiries.  So, I wasn't too surprised when I was declined, but I got the letter in the mail yesterday, the reason they stated surprised me - it says I was declined for "Insufficient credit history, or no credit information on file".  That's definitely not me either way...I have plenty of credit history.  Could they have pulled the wrong person's credit?  Their website was definitely glitchy the day I applied.  I just got fresh credit reports from all three credit bureaus, and none of them show an inquiry from Blispay.

When I go on the site, I can't apply again, because when I put in my email address, it tells me I was declined.  Any thoughts?  I'm thinking I should just call them, but not sure it's even worth it at this point?

You wont know whether or not it's worth the time to call until you call.  Maybe you fat fingered your SSN or maybe it's a sign of fraud.  You simply will not know what happened until you call in and talk to them.

Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I would call them without any delay. Good luck!

Message 3 of 21
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

If they pulled the wrong person’s credit maybe you could get that person’s name and # and refer them here so they can start their own unending quest of credit file micromanaging. Why should they be allowed to have a normal life while the rest of us suffer from appaholism. No reason for them to get a pass. Smiley Frustrated

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MyLoFICO you literally made me LOL with that one.
Message 5 of 21
DoroLucky
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Me too, he's too much Smiley LOLSmiley LOL

TCL= $172,800
6-7-16: EQ 683 EX 713 TU 715
10-12-16 EQ 685 EX 706 TU 702 12-19-16 EQ 683 EX 704 TU 701 and CHILLING ON ICE...BRRRRR!
In the garden as of 6-7-16, I've been really really BADDDDD Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

Message 6 of 21
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I try. Smiley Tongue 

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MyLoFICO wrote:

If they pulled the wrong person’s credit maybe you could get that person’s name and # and refer them here so they can start their own unending quest of credit file micromanaging. Why should they be allowed to have a normal life while the rest of us suffer from appaholism. No reason for them to get a pass. Smiley Frustrated

Thanks for the chuckle!Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL @ subjecting some poor fool to what we go through!

In all seriousness, I managed to find a phone number, and after being transferred, spoke with a very nice lady who pulled my file and found that indeed, they got "no credit file on history" from Experian for me, which caused the denial.  It never hit (or even found) my credit report.  She found that my app was submitted with only a first initial and not my full first name, which she suspects is what caused the issue.  No clue why that would have happened, as I always use my full first name, but as I mentioned, the site was glitchy that day.  She took my correct info and resubmitted, so I guess we'll see!

Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Even if you no longer want the card, I would call to verify they had/have the correct information. Please come back and update your thread with the outcome. Thanks in advance!

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.