cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied for Citi CashReturns Mastercard. What else could I qualify for?

snowman07
Established Member

Denied for Citi CashReturns Mastercard. What else could I qualify for?

I applied, and was denied for a Citi CashRewards Mastercard. The checked Experian.  I may have applied for the wrong Citi card....I have a hard time telling which ones I should go for, and which ones are too "prime" for me. I have the following scores:  TU 615  EX 650  EQ 672 (real ficos) The email says I was denied for having a judgement on my report (an old student loan I haven't paid yet).  Have one other collection account (unpaid) on my report that will be dropping off in less than 6 mo. 

I Have five other cards, WAMU Platinum Visa $2000 CL $1100 balance, Cap 1 Platinum No Hassle Cash, $2500 limit, $1500 balance. Kohls/Chase card, $700 limit, $350 balance, Orchard Bank Gold Mastercard, $500 cl zero balance, and a Bank of Deleware/Clear card (offered through my work) with a $1150 cl and a $50 balance.  I was hoping to get the Citi card so I could attempt to move into a more prime card and get a decent limit, 5K +.  I applied for an account with Alliant CU last week, and my account is still being "reviewed".  I got the someone will call you in three days message from my onlne application.  I called today, hoping they would say I was approved, but was simply told my application is still being reviewed.  Anyone think I will get the Alliant account with my scores??  Also, anyone think I could qualify for any other decent card?  Went to the BOA preapproval site, and they said I was not pre-approved for anything, not even the 99/500.  I went to the pre approval sites on HSBC and CAP1 and they said I have some offers available, but don't want to get another small limit card and have to work on it. I have never been late on any of the above cards, and oldest TL is about 4years and I always pay more than the minimum, but have not PIF on the WAMU or Cap1 cards in a while.  I am working on my util and hope to have it paid way down in the next month or two. What should I apply for?  Anything?  I sent a PFD to the one open collection account, and all the CA sent me was a statement of my account.  TU score is also lower due to 2 paid parking tickets sitting on that report. I sent GW letters for those, but haven't heard back on those yet.  Help!

Starting Score: EQ 648 TU 656
Current Score: EQ 667 6/28/10 688 TU 678 6/28/10 692
Goal Score: 720+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
hayhayday
Regular Contributor

Re: Denied for Citi CashReturns Mastercard. What else could I qualify for?

Personally, i would work on paying down you UTIL since it is quite high and wait until 6 months for the collection to fall off. I think many prime banks will be wary until judgement is satified
Message 2 of 3
snowman07
Established Member

Re: Denied for Citi CashReturns Mastercard. What else could I qualify for?

Thanks, hayhay, you are probably right.  I guess I am just impatient. Have spent years working on my credit, and finally almost getting somewhere.  Anyone else have any ideas?

Starting Score: EQ 648 TU 656
Current Score: EQ 667 6/28/10 688 TU 678 6/28/10 692
Goal Score: 720+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.