Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied for Freedom, Approved for Citi $4000

tag
dp321
Regular Contributor

Re: Denied for Freedom, Approved for Citi $4000

Agreed wih what the last person said. You have a whole life ahead of you to manage your credit to get prime cards. Why not just hold off for 6 months when your Citi sttarts to report some payment history. $4000 should be plenty credit line for your income. In time, prime cards will come. 

When i first got my credit cards in 2009, banks were tight and I was happy with a $700 CL from BOA. Of course, things are a lot better now. I was able to get my student Discover after 8 months or so with the BOA, so you should be able to get it sometime down the road easily. 

Starting Score: EQ: 703 (4/2011);
Current Score: EQ: 738 (04/2013)

Goal Score: ALL 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 21 of 24
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

I had almost the exact same experience last month. 

Denied for Discover More Student, denied for Chase Freedom, but approved for Citi Dividend for Students with $4,000 CL. Right after the Citi I applied for AMEX Zync just for the hell of it and was approved...maybe you should try it! Smiley Very Happy

Photobucket
Message 22 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I might give that a try! But I can't justify paying an annual fee.  Although it is small, I feel like they should pay me for carrying their card.

And besides, I already have the Blue Cash Amex!!! Its about the best card out there for the "flash and dazzle" effect... so far I've picked up 2 cute waitresses! LOL

Message 23 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Haha, Well thank you.  Been called an "old soul" all my life!  The Amex was my first credit card, although it was an AU card, my mother was generous enough to get the account only for my use.  It has a $2200 credit line and I caught myself before I made a HUGE mistake!!!

Cut it up, and attempted to burn....FYI, they smell terrible when paired with fire.

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.