Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied for US Airway CC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My first CC after BK Cap One

Give it some reportig time before reapping Junny, at least 6 mos.
Message 21 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Denied for US Airway CC

I have noticed that Juniper (Barclay's) has been more squirrely lately.  I've noticed that they seem to be a lot pickier, and the CSRs are not as helpful any more.  
Message 22 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

They have always been squirrely IMHO.
Message 23 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

True, Brammy, now that you mention it, they always have been a bit on the odd side compared to other cos.
Message 24 of 29
creditdream
Frequent Contributor

YES  I  HAVE THIER STUPID NUMBER   1866 255-1304  THEY WILL ASK YOU TO PUT YOUR SSN NUMBER,AND YOUR ZIP CODE . 
 GOOD LUCK  
Message 25 of 29
trc1963
Established Member

Re: Denied for US Airway CC..UPDATE

I just recieved my Hooters card $1,000. CL w/24.7% rate..ouch! But since it is one the two CC I just got after BK in 4/2002I guess I should be thankful. 

Anybody have any thoughs on how I should use this card. Does this high interest rate effect my credit ?   Should I dump it as soon as I get a better offer?  I'm planning on joining JFCU, I already became a member of NSA. and am Joining the JFCU, I will wait 6 Months then apply for their CC.

Thanks all
(08/15/07) TU 643, EQ 660, EX653
(11/16/07) TU 643, EQ 685, EX653
(01/05/08) TU 660,EQ 660, EX685
Message 26 of 29
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Denied for US Airway CC..UPDATE

The best way to use this card, or any rebuilding card, is to use it a lot and pay it down/ off at least twice a month. Find out when they report your balance to the credit bureaus, and make sure that at that time, there is $90 or less owing on it. After it posts, pay it off so that you don't have any finance charges.

It's a bit of a juggle, keeping the amount reported to the bureaus under 10%, but also using the card enough to make the issuer happy. It's fun when we're all being cynical to say that CCC's make their money by charging you interest and late fees (and they do!) But they also make money via transaction fees every time you use your card, so they like it when you use the card a lot.

Hooters has such a short track record that I don't think that anyone really knows yet what they'll be like in terms of CLI's, APR reductions and so forth. So do your part by being a good customer from their point of view, and that should help your chances in it becoming a better card for you! Smiley Wink
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 27 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would suggest applying with a CU. Try Patelco. BK friendly.
Message 28 of 29
trc1963
Established Member

Thanks for the input guys,  I'm in the process of applying for JFCU,Im already a member of the NSA.  I'm planning on waiting six months then apply for their CC.
(08/15/07) TU 643, EQ 660, EX653
(11/16/07) TU 643, EQ 685, EX653
(01/05/08) TU 660,EQ 660, EX685
Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.