cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied for Wells Fargo CC and Citi CLI but score jumped 84 points...

tag
fatjoe8

Denied for Wells Fargo CC and Citi CLI but score jumped 84 points...

Should I call the credit analyst numbers for each company and ask for re-consideration?

I recently paid down some credit cards and my score improved from 599 to 683.

I currently have the following:

(2) Cap 1 CL of $1500 and $750

Citi   CL of $1900

(2) Bank of America CL of $1900 and $1500

Orchard Bank CL $800

Discover CL $300

Macys CL $300

I only owe $2200 total among all the cards so my utilization is low now. However, I have 5 baddies (3 collections and 2 accounts with lates....everything is paid in full). 1 collection is getting deleted due to a GW and the other 2 probably aren't going anywhere. I have 1 late payment on a WF auto loan and 1 late payment from 1st Premier Bank 4 years ago...

My BOA old CC is really bad. I was 120 days late, 90 days, 60 days, 30 days, for two consecutive years. Then it was paid off around 2009 and appears as "OK" since then.

I also have 10 hard inquiries....

Student loan in deferrment

Auto loan current on now owe $6500 from original 17k....

So, knowing all that, I was denied for a "pre-approved" WF card despite having 3 banking accounts with them, and denied a CLI of $1100 with Citi who I have an excellent history with. Should I call and ask for reconsideration given the massive spike in my credit score? Any tips on what to say?

Thanks for any and all suggestions!

American Express Blue Cash $10k Chase Southwest Visa $12k BOA Cash Rewards $9,000 BOA Spirit Airlines $9,000 Citi American Airlines $2,000 Wells Fargo Cash Back $3,000 GE Paypal $4,250 Discover IT $3,800 1st Florida Credit Union $4,000 Priceline Barclay Visa $5,100 LanPass Visa $6,000
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

Re: Denied for Wells Fargo CC and Citi CLI but score jumped 84 points...

@fatjoe8 wrote:

Should I call the credit analyst numbers for each company and ask for re-consideration?

I recently paid down some credit cards and my score improved from 599 to 683.

I currently have the following:

(2) Cap 1 CL of $1500 and $750

Citi   CL of $1900

(2) Bank of America CL of $1900 and $1500

Orchard Bank CL $800

Discover CL $300

Macys CL $300

I only owe $2200 total among all the cards so my utilization is low now. However, I have 5 baddies (3 collections and 2 accounts with lates....everything is paid in full). 1 collection is getting deleted due to a GW and the other 2 probably aren't going anywhere. I have 1 late payment on a WF auto loan and 1 late payment from 1st Premier Bank 4 years ago...

My BOA old CC is really bad. I was 120 days late, 90 days, 60 days, 30 days, for two consecutive years. Then it was paid off around 2009 and appears as "OK" since then.

I also have 10 hard inquiries....

Student loan in deferrment

Auto loan current on now owe $6500 from original 17k....

So, knowing all that, I was denied for a "pre-approved" WF card despite having 3 banking accounts with them, and denied a CLI of $1100 with Citi who I have an excellent history with. Should I call and ask for reconsideration given the massive spike in my credit score? Any tips on what to say?

Thanks for any and all suggestions!

you actually could proably recon with WF. When i applied back in April i was first denied and i called them and after knowing the reason they denied me the lady said she will resubmitt the application to UW so i think you do have a shot with them. Good luck and keep us posted.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.