Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied for walmart =(

tag
Seatown1two
Regular Contributor

Denied for walmart =(

After checking my fico score and updated below (tu up from 639 4 months ago)  decided to pull the trigger.  Got the 7-10 day message.  Called in and the representative flat out told me I was denied and that she would not be able to do a recon.  I tried calling in two more times and the next two reps told me to wait for the letter.  Anything else i might be able to do?

Amex Blue Cash - 22.9k | CSR - 21.9k | Cap One Quicksilver MC - 18.5k | BofA Travel Rewards - 15k | Lowes - 15k | Citi DC - 13.2k | Discover IT Miles - 20.1k | Amazon Prime Visa - 6k | BofA BBR - 5.4k
Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

Re: Denied for walmart =(

Smiley Surprised We feel your pain.

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 28
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@Seatown1two wrote:

After checking my fico score and updated below (tu up from 639 4 months ago)  decided to pull the trigger.  Got the 7-10 day message.  Called in and the representative flat out told me I was denied and that she would not be able to do a recon.  I tried calling in two more times and the next two reps told me to wait for the letter.  Anything else i might be able to do?

Try going in to a store and doing the app there. I was always declined when I tried on the website. Went to a store - bang - instant approval.

If you choose to go to a store, make sure you have a CC with you, they will want to swipe it along with your DL..

Ray

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 3 of 28
Sophiamarie
New Contributor

Walmart pulled EQ for me, not TU. Your EQ is 616?

EXP 725 (Amex) EQ 678 TU 735
Message 4 of 28
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

You were denied with a tu Fico of 694? Do you have any baddies on tu? What's you AAOA?
NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 5 of 28
lithium78
Established Contributor

I got approved for Walmart's retail card with much lower scores a few years ago.  Are you on GMCRB's blacklist?

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 28
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Seatown1two wrote:

Sorry to hear, can you share with us your TU file?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 28
CS800
Super Contributor

Sorry to hear that. WM is pretty tough to recon if you get denied. But your TU is good though. Were you given any reasons or you got the ' we will send you a latter to explain the denial' ?

Message 8 of 28
Seatown1two
Regular Contributor

I guess I'm going to recieve a letter in the mail explaining why I was denied.  My AAoA is 6 years, 1 paid tax lien, 7 collections reporting, no late payments for over 4 years.  Actually guess I'm not too surprised I was denied.  Utilization was around 21% on report that was just checked.  Might there be any other hope for me in obtaining new credit??

Amex Blue Cash - 22.9k | CSR - 21.9k | Cap One Quicksilver MC - 18.5k | BofA Travel Rewards - 15k | Lowes - 15k | Citi DC - 13.2k | Discover IT Miles - 20.1k | Amazon Prime Visa - 6k | BofA BBR - 5.4k
Message 9 of 28
CS800
Super Contributor

@Seatown1two wrote:

I guess I'm going to recieve a letter in the mail explaining why I was denied.  My AAoA is 6 years, 1 paid tax lien, 7 collections reporting, no late payments for over 4 years.  Actually guess I'm not too surprised I was denied.  Utilization was around 21% on report that was just checked.  Might there be any other hope for me in obtaining new credit??

Are your collections paid? REason why I asked is that the computer might deny it but recon could approve it but in this case they didn't. If you have another inq to use on TU, you can try for a barclay card.

Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.