cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied on the last card of my mini spree, where to go now?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Denied on the last card of my mini spree, where to go now?

So just finalized my mini spree of 3 from last week and it ended with:

AMEX PRG: Approved

AMEX BCE: Approved $10k SL

Chase Marriott: Denied

Pretty bummed I got denied on the Marriott, I've been trying to get a good travel card with chase for a while now, got denied for the CSP around 4-5 months back when my credit was really young, thought the Marriott would be easier on the app file, guess not. So now I'm stuck in between just trying to go into the garden with the 4 cards I have now, or app for 1 more card to expand my rather small portfolio a bit, like a Disco or CapOne. However it would just be for the purpose of the portfolio, no use for the extra credit as it starts quite small and I don't know how fast the CLI on it will grow with minimal usage, since I already plan on putting most of my spend through my BCE and PRG for the signup bonus. I also fear having too many Inquiries (I have 6 right now on TU with an AAoA of 1 year before the AMEX approvals)

My eventual goal is to be able to apply again in 5 or 6 months for a high tier travel card (CSR CSP Ritz AMEX Plat Cit Prestige) though I feel like I could probably get away with the Plat now but that'd make it 3 AMEX and I do want to diversify a bit. Any pointers would be appreciated. Currently TU 670 EQ 684 EX 690 and FICO 720, would like to also know what a realistic goal would be to set my scores for in about 6 months; I plan on keeping my util <10% total, PIF every month no debt or balance carry.

Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.