cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Destiny Mastercard - New subprime card on the block?

tag
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Destiny Mastercard - New subprime card on the block?

As seen on Credit Karma:

Eh. No.Eh. No.

I didn't find very much about it online, other than the company's website. 🤷

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Destiny Mastercard - New subprime card on the block?

Are the travel credits easy to use?  Does it cover Global Entry and/or TSA PreCheck?  Can the points be transferred to airline partners?

Edit: The FAQ says LOLWUT to all three of my questions.  https://www.destinycard.com/#/faq

Message 2 of 17
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Yeah saw it on my CK as well. Rebuilder card that's Just a tad cheaper than Credit One but No rewards not even 0.0001% cash back though! 🤪

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 3 of 17
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

Card name says "Lee M Cardholder." Same as Cap1 cards. Coincidence? 

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ficoproblems247 wrote:

It's definitely a coincidence. Capital One would have no reason to outsource their cards to Genesis. Milestone and Indigo are also Genesis products that say Lee M Cardholder. 

Doing a Google search, the fact that MasterCard Canada tweeted about it tells me it's just an industry generic. https://mobile.twitter.com/MastercardCA/status/509765897053937665

Message 5 of 17
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Ficoproblems247 wrote:

MANY institutions use Lee M Cardholder.  FNBO, Santander, and BECU come to mind immediately.  Most regional banks and smaller credit unions also use it.  It may be due to them mostly using the same card manufacturers.

Edit: I hate it when I start an answer, the phone rings, and by the time I hit Post, somebody else got there first.  Smiley Tongue

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@Ficoproblems247 wrote:

MANY institutions use Lee M Cardholder.  FNBO, Santander, and BECU come to mind immediately.  Most regional banks and smaller credit unions also use it.  It may be due to them mostly using the same card manufacturers.

Edit: I hate it when I start an answer, the phone rings, and by the time I hit Post, somebody else got there first.  Smiley Tongue

Me too.

I either rush thus messing up my reply or take my time and end up just saying the same thing that someone already submitted.

Message 7 of 17
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

Well that answers that...shows how much I was actually paying attention! Smiley LOL

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ficoproblems247 wrote:

Well that answers that...shows how much I was actually paying attention! Smiley LOL

There's also CF Frost with AMEX, D. Barrett with Chase, and Chris L Martin with BoA. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thepointsguy.com/guide/story-behind-names-on-credit-cards/amp/

Message 9 of 17
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@Ficoproblems247 wrote:

That's easy to address.  Don't answer the phone, if it's important they will call back. 😎

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.